Sunday, September 29, 2013

Happy Birthday, Rob!

Rob's birthday was on Thursday. We celebrated at dinner. It was Panther Days, the school's fundraising day, at Dengeo's, so we picked up dinner and ate at home. I had run out earlier in the day to pick up groceries and a cookie cake from Mariano's. I volunteered at school during lunchtime, I helped sell tickets for the fun fair. We had a lovely dinner with the kids.
Friday was more ebay fun. I did run out in the morning to a couple thrift stores and a rummage sale. Major thrift scores! I told Rob, the problem with being so busy with ebay is that I have no time for my usual "household" things. It was a very successful ebay week and I looked at Rob and said RR. We went and had dinner at Red Robin. It was perfect, we had a gift card and we were all hungry and there wasn't food in the house. We went and walked around the mall afterward. We went to Michael's and Half Price Books. The kids each picked out a new book and we found a couple DVDs for the car. Ellie picked up rubber bands for her rainbow loom.
Saturday was a running here, running there day. I did a quick run over to Salvation. I was able to pull about 20 things in 30 minutes. I came home a Rob left to go do a side job. The kids and I did a rummage run. We had great success in Northbrook and ok success at Niles North. We went to the Fun Fair at school. Ellie was volunteering with student government, Nick played games. I sat in the grass with my friend and soaked in the sunshine. It was a gorgeous day. We came home and the kids played. I did some more listing and packaging. I found a pile of coupons that were expiring from the library reading program. We decided to use the Cici's coupon and have a cheap dinner.
Today we began the day at church. Rob and I were the parents for Nick's Sunday school group. After church we went to Kohl's. I had a 30% off coupon and Rob needed some new shoes and I wanted to look for a new vacuum. Rob found a couple pairs of shoes he liked for work. Ellie found a pair of gym shoes on super clearance. I found a new vacuum on super clearance. We came home and did some cleaning up around here. We decorated the outside for Halloween. Rob cut out some new wood decorations for the yard. Ellie started to paint them but we need to buy some more colors. I got mega laundry done. I am getting quite good at removing random stains out of clothes! We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made beef stroganoff, fake meat for the rest of us, noodles, salad, broccoli, and strawberries. For dessert, chocolate peanut butter cupcakes and real key lime pie. Dad took the kids to the park to play for a bit. We came home and the kids took their showers and we did some reading before bed.
If you have some spare time, please keep my friends in your thoughts tomorrow. Dan is going in for a scan to determine if he is a candidate for surgery to remove his cancer. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment