Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ahhh, Fall Weather

The temperature has plunged and there is a bit of rain but I much prefer this to the 90-100 degree days.
Not too much to share tonight. Rob went up to Michigan for the weekend to get some projects done. The kids and I went to the North football game on Thursday night. It had cooled down and we agreed we would leave at halftime. The band was walking off the field when the rain began. We tried to run to the car but it was already pouring by then. We came home and took hot showers and went to bed.
Friday the kids had the day off of school and we went to Lincoln Park Zoo. It was a beautiful day. Lots of babies have been born. We stopped in the Lily Pond - I don't think I have ever been in there, it was so neat. We stopped at Annette's Italian Ice for a refreshing treat. It is a wonderful thing that it is so far away from our house because it would be so dangerous if it was closer. We did a bit of thrifting on our way home. We had dinner at Mom and Dad's house and ordered in Chinese.
Saturday was a huge shopping adventure. We began the day at the bank for their appreciation day. The kids got to pick out an ice cream treat for the ride. We started off in Gurnee. I found out that the Lake Co. Salvation Army stores are now $.55 Saturday tags! We went to Jelly Belly for a tour and a treat. We hit Gurnee Mills. I think we hit most Salvation Army stores on the way home. We got home and had a bite to eat before getting the kids to sleep.
Today was baking weather. Ellie helped me and we made 2 different types of bread - zucchini, carrot, apple, and banana Biscoff chip. I made an apple crisp to take to Mom's for dinner. I made a giant pot of tortilla soup - I was going to bring some to Jo's (because they are sick) but she didn't want any. I froze a bunch and packaged some for our friends. The kids helped me change out their bed sheets. I did about a dozen loads of laundry today. Rob got home around lunchtime. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom had made meatballs, roasted potatoes, summer salad, and cantaloupe. I made asparagus and the apple crisp. We had a nice dinner together and then the girls played Clue and Dad and Nick played with trains.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment