Sunday, September 22, 2013

Happy Birthday, Jo

It has been such a whirlwind last part of the week...in a good way.
I have been up to my eyeballs with ebay. I opened a storefront, basically a cyber store front on ebay. It allows me to re-list easier, have a bigger profile, a smaller final fee, and less fees in general. I have been able to list about 5 boxes so far, about 160 items. I have already sold about 2 dozen items with people taking advantage of buy it now pricing. I have really gotten back into the swing of things and I really like listing on the iPad now.
Friday I took a break from listing to do a bit of rummaging. I hit the local sale in Skokie and was able to find a snowsuit and a couple hats. I am now sure if I am going to list them or keep them. I had a huge score at a garage sale. They had about 2 dozen ziploc bags with legos. They weren't sorted and had no directions but I could see partially built cars, trucks, planes...so I knew they were sets once upon a time. I asked how much they were and she said $5 a bag, which is a great price but I saw the helicopter pieces in 2 different bags. I asked the price for all her bags and she let me have them for $35.00...11 pounds of Legos! Mom and Dad came over in the afternoon to pick Nick up from the bus, a deal they made earlier. They took Nick home with them and I waited for Ellie. We made a quick stop at Unique for the 50% off sale - great score there. Ellie found this super cute limited edition purse for $1.49. I found about a dozen shirts to list. I found a Stitch costume for Matteo. Mom and Dad took the kids for a movie and dinner night. Rob and I picked up Dengeo's and then went to Menards - we are lame!
Saturday was a thrift fest. We were nutty and headed Northwest again. I hit a great garage sale that was liquidating a artsy store. I found such great gift items there. We went to both Salvation Army stores and got a bunch of great stuff. We went to a garage sale of retired Lego builders. This couple would make the large 3D Lego designs and they have retired and were selling off all their stock. We came home and the kids played outside.
This morning, in the wee hours, Ellie woke up hacking. I forgot to include her ibuprofen with her vitamins and she woke up to a migraine. Poor girl woke up about every half hour. Rob and Nick went to church and Ellie and I stayed home. Ellie said this migraine felt different, the location of the pain had changed. Ellie did her homework and I worked on listing on ebay. Ellie helped when she finished up. The boys came home around lunchtime. The kids played with the Legos and art stuff all afternoon. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We celebrated Jo's birthday. We had make your own tacos, corn pudding, rice, and fruit. Lime pudding pie and strawberry shortcake for dessert. The kids went to the park with Dad and Ole. We came home and the kids went right outside to play. Rob trash picked this plastic 3 drawer dresser thing and it turned out to be the perfect new Lego storage. I was able to dump all our bins of Legos into the unit and store them together.
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I think you may have found your new normal! Busy, but productive week for sure! We had a good time with both sets of grands...we may try it this way again...nice way for some one on one stuff. You may need to upgrade the Menard's thing though. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete