Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Time is Flying...Again

Seems like this week is just speeding by. I don't think it is the extreme heat but it could be because I haven't really left the house. Monday morning I got the kids off on the bus and then went grocery shopping. I just did a quick run into Aldi and was happy with what I was able to get there. A bit on the nutty side...I did some baking. I had some peaches that really needed to be used and there were too many to just eat. I found a recipe for vegan peach cobbler cookies and I was able to double it and use all the peaches. They smelled incredible and tasted the same. It was a good thing fridge space was tight and I had to freeze a bunch of them. In the afternoon, I spent some time going through Lego's and separating them out into types and categories. I was able to color sort all the bricks and then group sets together to sell on ebay. It was way too hot for the kids to play outside even though they really wanted to. I got dinner together - I really didn't want to heat the house up but made a quick pesto ravioli and then we had leftovers and fruit.
Tuesday I got the kids on the bus and spent the day in the basement putting sets of Lego's together. It was picture day at school. Ellie wanted curly hair for her picture. We tried the night before to do some twist and pin them for the night. Nick asked if it was crazy hair picture day. The twist curls didn't come out and Ellie wet her hair and we put it into a bun. I was able to find instruction and part lists online and print them out to sort out the various sets. I can ask far more money if a set is complete. I had far more than I knew I had, complete set wise. I was able to sort and bag about a dozen sets. The kids came home and we did homework. They wanted to play outside but it was so hot again. We had dinner and we did our reading early so we could watch AGT but that ended up coming on late because of the Presidential speech.
Today was another hot day spent in the basement. I tried my hand at listing on the iPad. It seemed to take longer but at the same time I didn't have to take pictures and downloading them to then have to upload them - if that makes any sense. I also listed as Buy it Now instead of auctions - we shall see. When I got Nick from the bus we went to see how the garden was holding up and discovered a hole in the cucumber box. I thought it was possibly from the sprinkler but when Nick went to cover it up - a mouse looked out the hole. I am disgusted - there is a mouse living in my garden - yuck. I put a bunch of bait blocks out and hopefully they will die. Mom came over early because it was curriculum night at school. Rob and Dad both ditched us tonight. Mom made a chick'n salad and I steamed some cauliflower and broccoli and cut up a delicious watermelon. We were able to play a couple rounds of Scategories before Ellie and I had to leave. Ellie had volunteered to watch younger children while parents went to classrooms. I got to sit in Nick's desk and hear about 1st grade. I then got to climb up and down stairs to meet all of Ellie's teachers. We came home and I walked Mom out. It is still hot and gross out - hopefully some relief comes tomorrow.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment