Sunday, February 3, 2013

Great Start for February

Right after I blogged on Wednesday night, I went into the kitchen to re-fill my water and heard a noise. It was coming from downstairs. I went down and quickly realized the hose for the hot water feed for the laundry sink had a hole and was spewing hot water all over. Luckily, the shut off was there and I was able to turn it off and leave a not for Rob to look at it when he woke up.
Ellie cam home with the most awesome news on Thursday...she made honor roll for both 1st and 2nd quarter, she got a B+ on her math test and she was a recipient for the Principal 100 award. The award is a new incentive to motivate the students to be compassionate to their fellow students. After school we had sports and dance. When I was giving Nick a bath after class, I noticed his forearm was red. It was weird, it looked like a rash but also a bruise. He didn't recall hurting it. It circled his arm, didn't hurt him and just appeared.
Friday the kids had only a half day of school. I got quite a few packages to the post office. Stopped by Unique for their 1/2 off sale. It was great, it was so cold outside that the store was pretty empty. I ended up with a cart full of clothes. The kids and I ate a quick lunch before we headed to Northwestern for a study. Nick was doing some matching games and got rewarded with a book. We went over to Mom and Dad's house for the rest of the afternoon. We picked up videos and pizza on the way home. Rob had a basketball game.
Saturday we divided and conquered. I went to both Salvation's and really did well. Lots of new with tag items and really good labels. Rob took the kids with him to the church carnival. I met them there around lunchtime. The kids got to play games and were in awe of the magician there. We split up again, I took Nick to a classmates birthday and Rob took Ellie to the library. Rob fixed the sink in the basement. We had another movie night.
Today we started off at church. We came home and Rob took the kids outside to play in the snow. I baked some danish to take to Mom's house for family Sunday. We continued the sink work in the house and Rob cleaned the drains on the other sinks. We went to family Sunday. Mom had a great menu...minestrone, brussel sprouts and beans, chicken, Jo made a turkey, cranberry sauce, corn pudding...mmmm. The kids had time to play with each other. It was nice to see everyone and visit. We came home and watched the game.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for all of your help today! You didn't say a word about the leakies to me...we would have helped you to clean up or to keep the kids out of your way. Please know we are here for you! Is the job finished? We'll talk in the morning. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete