Sunday, February 10, 2013

Happy Year of the Snake

Seems like forever since I posted. Let's see how much of the last few days I can actually recall. On Thursday morning I did some more auction prep. I headed out to Glenview to hit the thrift store and see if it was worth going back on Friday for the 90% off day. I ended up picking up a couple things at 75% off...vintage Playskool McDonald's with accessories. I am actually just going to flip the accessories - one McDonald's went to Jo for her classroom and one will go to Michigan. We had an abbreviation Thursday night, just sports with Nick and then a quick dinner and off to Ellie's honor roll presentation. She was awarded gold for 1st and blue for second quarters.
Friday morning while we were waiting for the bus Nick had to run back to the house to use the washroom...he was super layered and the street was a sheet of ice so running wasn't really an option - he missed the bus. It ended up working out fine because the streets were still so crappy it got me out of the house early and to Glenview when they opened. I drove Nick to school and was off. I knew which racks I wanted to hit first and was able to get in/out in 15 minutes. $250.00 worth of clothes for $25.00 - not too shabby. I came home and did some baking for the weekend. I made a batch of chocolate zucchini muffins for Ellie's breakfasts and a batch of peanut butter cookies to take with to Jo's house. I was able to get all the laundry in the house done plus all the re-sale clothes washed...about 8 loads. The kids got home from school and Ellie was ghost white. She said her stomach was bothering her. I made her a quick bath and then the gagging began. We are off our schedule again...I feel badly for her but luckily it just was about 18 hours. We went over to Jo's for movie night and dinner. We watched Night at the Museum 2 and the kids got to play with each other. Rob had a basketball game.
Saturday morning I took off on my thrift tour. I had more luck at Morton Grove than Skokie this week. There were some rude customers at Skokie who didn't want to share the aisles. I came home and Rob had agreed to take the kids out sledding. While I did my inventory and started washing again, Rob took the kids to James Hill to sled. They went up and down a couple dozen times and came home. Rob was pooped out but the kids still had energy because they stayed outside and built a snowman and played for another couple hours. Rob had another basketball game and left in the late afternoon. We had movie night and watched Charlie Brown Valentine's movies and cuddled on the couch.
Today was a busy social day. We had Dean, Lauren and the girls over for brunch. Ellie was a help with breakfast prep. We made a blueberry baked oatmeal, mini German pancakes and scrambled eggs. The kids had a great time playing together and ended with making Valentines. It was nice to visit and catch up - we haven't seen them since Dean's birthday last month. We had our Chinese New Year celebration at Mom and Dad's house tonight. We had quite a spread - soups, lo mein, fried rice, sweet 'n sour, egg rolls & fruit. I made walnut cookies and Mom made almond cookies and a king cake. The kids exchanged valentines and played.
Getting ready for another crazy week with 2 parties at school. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment