Sunday, February 17, 2013

Long Weekend

Long weekend because of the holiday tomorrow...one day longer for Ellie. Thursday was Valentine's day and involved a bunch of running around. I got the kids off to school and then hit the post office and grocery store to pick up the remaining supplies for their parties. I came home and put together our dinner - cheese lasagna. Both parties went well but I felt like a chicken with its head cut off...non-stop action for 2 hours. Nick's class made sundaes and played a couple games. Ellie's class decorated cookies and played games. We went straight to sports/dance when school let out. Rob took Ellie to dance and Nick and I came home to start dinner and give him a bath. We had a great dinner together and celebrated.
Friday morning Ellie woke up with a stomach ache which quickly turned into the need for a bucket. Poor girl has this history...she collects donations for Jump Rope for Hearts and ends up sick the day of the event. I got Nick off to school and then Ellie and I hung out watching Netflix all day. It was probably just what we both needed. Rob had a game in the evening, so it was more movie watching for us.
Saturday morning I did my thrift run...not too much but the clothing I did find was decent. Rob took the kids to the bank to deposit their change and then they ran to Ace Hardware to pick up a couple things. We went up to Gurnee for the afternoon. We stopped at a couple thrift stores, Hobo and got dinner. We were able to find Nick's birthday party stuff at the one thrift store...6th birthday party will be Speed Racer. We came home and watched a movie together before getting to bed.
This morning we went to church. Rob ran to a friends house to look at some painting work. We did some things around here - vacuumed out the dryer vent, majorly cleaned the laundry area up, cleaned the HEPA filters. Put away massive amounts of laundry. I went out grocery shopping for the week while Rob watched the kids. I came home and made dinner. Rob got Nick into a bath. Just finished watching Downton Abbey...cannot handle the wait for the next season.
So, I must have had a moment earlier in the week when I hit my foot and thought - that is going to leave a mark - because the majority of my left foot is black and blue. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment