Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fun filled Weekend

Mumble Jumble post tonight...had a busy end of the week listing on eBay. I found out that I could list more affordable by not selecting a picture preview option. Nick did great playing basketball at sports on Thursday night. He made some baskets and was doing great dribbling. Ellie lost another tooth on Friday. It came out as she was eating her fruit roll up at lunch. Ellie and I did a library run on Friday night.
I ran to Salvation on Saturday morning and then to Unique...had a coupon. Ended up with a couple bags of items, even some for us. I got laundry done and inventoried and then I took the kids to Mom and Dad's house to play in the snow. Jo, Tony, and Teo were over and the kids wanted to sled down the back porch stairs. The kids were nuts out in the snow. They each had their very own personality in the snow. Ellie diligently packed the stairs with snow. Tony threw his body into the snow to make angels like the snow was 2' deep. Matteo would walk a step and fall into the snow because the snow suit was a bit big. Nick raced up the stairs and onto a sled jiffy quick.
We came home and Ellie and I ran out to do some shopping. Rob and Nick played with trains and stuck around the house. Ellie and I ran to Morton Grove Salvation and were pretty successful in getting fancy dresses for $.69 for her fashion show birthday party. We found all we needed for her invitations at Michael's. We did some grocery shopping on the way home and picked up things for dinner. We came home and I started dinner - I made mac and cheese, potato pancakes, homemade applesauce and broccoli. We had some leftover honeydew and strawberries, too.
This morning, Rob gave me the opportunity to sleep in...and I took it. He took the kids to church. They took their snow pants and sleds with and after church he took them to a couple hills to sled. They came home and needed a change of clothes because they were so wet. Ellie and I worked to start illustrating her young author book. We were able to get the front cover and two pages complete. If we are able to get a page a day done we will be on top of the deadline.
We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, sausages, salad & fruit. It was good but Ellie says the real sausages are still her preference over vegan ones. The kids experimented with dessert - well mostly Nick. He was dipping his pepper slices into his ice cream, claimed they were delicious. We came home and watched a bit of the red carpet before heading up to finish up the book we have been reading.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment