Friday, December 2, 2011

The cold has moved in

On Wednesday, I got Ellie off to the bus stop and then got Nick to school. We hit every light on the way to school. I visited one of my favorite thrift stores and found a bag of Wilton tips for cake decorating and it also had a cookie press and tips in it. I found a new (used) light up snowman to complete our outdoor decorations. I stopped off at Panera to pick up a loaf of bread for dinner.
I picked Nick up from school and we came home and had a snack. I was able to get a workout in while he was engrossed in an episode of Thomas. Mom and Dad came and picked us up and we went to Meijer's to grocery shop. We found some treats on sale - Oberweiss egg nog, new mascara and yogurts. We made it home just in time to get Ellie from the bus.
Ellie and I did her homework and she practiced her clarinet. I was able to finish up our outdoor lights. I added about 1,000 twinkle lights and the new snowman - looks nice. Mom and Dad were over for Wednesday night dinner. I made my leftover roasted veggies in soup - so delicious. I made a pot of noodles, a salad, pineapple and blackberries and applesauce to go with it. We had a blast from the past for dessert - frosty, minty ice cream trees. My sister and I grew up on these but we got them in January when they were on clearance. The kids took their showers/baths and we were off to bed.
Thursday was a busy day here. Ellie had her Battle of the Books competition. This was the culmination of the 20+ books she had to read this past summer and a fall of reviewing them. I packed some candy canes for her to take with for energy and she was off to the bus. I took Nick to school and then really didn't have a plan for my free 1.5 hours.
I headed to HomeGood and was able to pick up a couple kitchen items on clearance. I broke my spatula/flipper thing last month. I found a new one. I was waiting for Waxberg shoes to open but I guess they don't open until later - they had a sale sign up and I wanted to see if they had any Dansko's. I hit Salvation for lack of anything else I could do for 30 minutes. Just so happened it was a good time to hit it because all their kids clothes were 50% off.
I got a couple sweaters for Nick and a few other things that I have looked at before but didn't buy because they weren't on sale. I picked Nick up from school and we came home. I got some laundry in and got him lunch. He was super hungry and would finish one thing and move onto the next.
It was the 1st of the month - ebay listing day. I spent much of the afternoon listing and was able to get 40 things up and listed by the time Rob got home from work. Rob went to the doctor for his persistent cough and is on a steroid again. He got a referral to the allergist too. He made some tea and we were on our way to watch Ellie's battle.
It was interesting...the hostess would read a passage from one of the books and the children had to say the name of the book and the author. There were over 75 books on the list. I don't know that I would be able to recall a random line in a book that I had read 6 months ago. Ellie was able to successfully help answer a couple for her team but in the end, they didn't win. The library treated us to dinner and then we left. Rob had taken Nick home and Ellie and I drove and picked up Rob's prescription at Target.
Our Elf on the Shelf, the traveling messenger between our house and Santa, made his appearance yesterday morning. The kids are very excited. I don't know if it my body finally creating those much needed white blood cells but I am sleeping way too well (and long). I have been able to be in bed (yes, in bed) by 1AM and sleep until the kids get up at 7:30AM. Nick, on the other hand, is having the most difficult time actually falling asleep at night. I switched shoes and my feet feel far better than they did last week. Danskos really help out with the neuropathy.
I am still having a bit of lower back pain. I am hoping that getting into bed at night will slowly help with this. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, my white blood cells increasing and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment