Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Happy Tuesday

I have to say that I don't really care for the cold weather and gloomy clouds that have shown up. Yesterday, Nick and I had a huge shopping adventure. We got Ellie on the bus and got dressed and left the house. We started at Kohl's to spend our Kohl's cash. Funny, when you have money you need to spend...everything is a hard choice. I used it partially for Christmas presents and the other half for miscellaneous stuff. I replaced a few cake pans, new socks, couple pairs of jeans, pillow and PJs for Nick. I love it when the receipt prints out and I have saved $397.00 and my out of pocket spending was $16.93.
We picked up lunch and then did some grocery shopping. I am holding a cooking class for Ellie and her friend, Catherine, once a week. We were making applesauce and monkey bread. We are doing a holiday theme until Christmas. We did a quick Big Lots run and I was able to find exactly what I have been looking on ebay for Christmas. We came home and put everything away and cleaned up a bit.
Ellie came home and pretty soon after, Catherine came over. The girls did their homework together and then we started on our applesauce. They got to pick their toss ins (cranberries, cherries, pears or plums) and then their spices. We assembled and the monkey bread - a cheesy-herb version. The girls went downstairs to play while everything was baking/cooking. I started dinner - broccoli, pineapple, noodles, faux chicken, applesauce and monkey bread.
We had dinner and we went and played wii for a bit. I drove Catherine home and came back and we got the kids ready for bed. I helped Ellie study for her science test and then she went to sleep.
It was so nice to have Nick back in school today. However, I had a mini panic attack when I was getting his bag ready and found that he had a project due today. Nick and I quickly made his turkey and mounted it on construction paper and printed out a picture of our family. I dropped Nick off and did a thrift run. I was able to get Nick PJs and a holiday shirt. I found a couple holiday shirts/vests for me.
I picked Nick up from school and we went over to Mom and Dad's house. We had lunch and then we helped get some of their holiday decor up. We had to leave early to deliver some papers to Rob. Our insurance wants proof we are married and that our children are ours. We have sent them these papers about 3 times now and they keep saying they haven't received them. Rob faxed them on Saturday and they didn't get them again.
We came home and just had a sedate afternoon. I did my workout before Ellie got home and got laundry done and put away. Ellie came home and she and Nick played together. We had an early dinner and watched Rudolph. I got the kids up to bed but Nick would not go to sleep. Rob got home a bit after 9PM and I asked him to relieve me because I couldn't understand why both kids were still awake.
I am having some lower back pain again. Not sure if it is the weather, the couch or what. Ellie has her battle of the Books competition this Thursday - she is pretty excited. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, an increased white blood cell count and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment