Friday, December 9, 2011

Baby it's cold outside

I am going to work backwards because I doubt I will be able to remember Wednesday.
We had a very laid back morning here. We stayed in our PJs until about 1:00PM. Nick was watching a Christmas video and I was working on a craft project. I got all my prep done and was able to assemble one but I am not fond of the end product and will need to do some tweaking.
We ventured out this afternoon to run into the post office to pick up mailing envelopes and boxes. We had lunch and braved Walmart to look for cookie mix for Mom. We came home and I was able to pack up about a dozen envelopes to ship out and complete another craft project.
Rob had to work a game in Highland Park tonight and he asked Ellie to come with him. It left a date night for Nick and me. Rob and Ellie had dinner at Walker Brothers and then had the added luck of it being winter fest in town. There were ice sculptures and carving, live reindeer, face painting and more. Nick and I went to see Muppets. It was cute. There were some adults with some very hearty laughs. We all had a good night. We came home and I got Nick to sleep and then Rob and Ellie came home.
Yesterday we were over at Mom's house to play with Tony. Both Nick and Tony were acting like they needed naps. I got a Matteo fix while Jo was at her doctor appointment. We had lunch and the kids played with legos, trains, cars and more.
I packed up about a dozen ebay things to be shipped. I love having the postage scale at home. I love, love, love it. I cleared the counter off downstairs and have a great system down now. I can print postage right off ebay and it comes right out of my paypal account. I just need to get it to the post office to mail - awesome.
We had breakfast for dinner and the kids both helped me cook. We made eggnog french toast, sausages and fruit. It was very good and it is always a plus when we don't have leftovers to put away. The kids had their showers and then we got them into bed.
I was supposed to have a coffee date with Christi on Wednesday but she wasn't feeling well and we postponed. I dropped Nick at school and did some produce shopping. I returned something to OfficeMax and then came home. I was able to get about 40 more things listed on ebay.
I picked Nick up from school and we headed out to do some thrifting. I was looking for a couple more wool sweater to felt. We ran into Tuesday Morning to look at a comforter set they had in their ad but it felt gross so we didn't get it. I was able to score in the thrifting department - many things to flip and even some for the kids. I also found a couple sweaters.
Mom and Dad came over for dinner - we made tacos. Ellie shared her breads with Mom and Dad. We watched the Middle - pretty funny. Nick is still singing, "on the first day on Christmas my true love gave to me...nothing." Mom and Dad left and we got the kids to bed.
After confirming my doctor appointment for Tuesday, I was called a few hours later to have my appointment changed. I think I need to dig in the closet and find a coat warmer than the fleece coat I am wearing because it got cold overnight. I am feeling pretty good - feet are still tingling but I don't think they will ever not be. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, an increased white blood count and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment