Thursday, December 15, 2011

Just the important stuff

I didn't want to blog last night because I wanted to be able to blog tonight with doctor news.
I went for my visit this morning with Dr. Marsh. I am now a hand draw for blood because my veins are too tiny on the inside of my arm, fun, fun, fun! I have to tell you, it took about 2 minutes to fill one vial of blood. Squeezing and releasing to pump the blood through faster. I had a 9:40 appointment...labs not done until after 10:00 and not in to see the doctor until 10:45.
Margaret met me and told me the good news that my white blood count had rebounded slightly, putting me into normal range. Woohoo. All my vitals were perfect, too. Dr. Marsh came in and went through everything again. Basically, my red blood cells must be gelatinous and cause the white blood cells to stick to them causing an inaccurate white blood count on my labs. I took a steroid on Wednesday night to shake the red blood cells up and thus shake the white blood cells free for an accurate reading. He did his examination and then gave me the most excellent news that I have been promoted to 6 month recall. I don't have to go back for blood or scans until June.
Everything else in the past couple days seems very trivial now except Ellie's concert last night. Ellie preformed with the Panther band for the first time. They played a few songs. She also got to preform a dance they learned in gym class. It was nice to see her so excited about this.
Other than that...lots of thrift shopping in the past couple days. I am trying to re-build my inventory but have managed to fill our closets instead. I guess that eventually trickles down to inventory. Major finds - I scored a North Face jacket, a Columbia jacket, some sweaters for felting and some things for the kids.
Trying to finish up holiday gifts for both the kids to take to school next week. Need to finish working on my craft projects. I am feeling greatly relieved about the news I got today. Google bone marrow biopsy and you will know why. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. As I just posted on Rob's FB post....this is the best way to put this year to rest. It will be nice to start 2012 free of the anxiety that has been so much of your (our) life for the past year and a half. You've worked so hard to have your body restore itself...I'm just so delighted it's finally getting happy! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete