Monday, December 12, 2011

Crazy cooking club

I should have posted last night because my brain is hitting major speed bumps right now. We will work totally backwards tonight.
I just got finished boxing and bagging up about 30 items to ship out tomorrow. Grand total for my 1 week of sales...almost $900.00. If only I could keep a great stock of clothes - I would never have to do anything but shop again. I had a couple very nice people who purchase quite a few things from me. It was neat to hear their stories. One lady has 7 grandchildren she was buying for.
Best news of the night...I put batteries in my Speak and Spell and it powers up. I bought it about 2 years ago at Salvation for $5.00. It was pretty awesome - mint in box with manuals. Looks like I can flip that for between $60-$80.
We had cooking club tonight and I found a couple recipes on different websites to try. We made s'mores cups, cinnamon bun cake and baked zucchini and squash sticks. Christi and Su'nana came to drop Catherine off and stayed a bit to visit. Su'nana and Nick were playing well and Rob asked her to stay. The s'mores cups are a definite keeper. The cake was okay -the picture looked way better. Rob and I liked the baked zucchini sticks but the girls not so much.
This afternoon, Nick and I joined Mom and Dad for a Costco run. I was able to pick up some fruit for dinner and I bought a new camera. I have had a couple people question my pictures on my auctions and I figure it might be the camera. This morning Nick and I did a Target run. I picked up my prescription and we did shopping for cooking club.
Yesterday we were on for Sunday school at church. It was an ambitious project for 4 and 5 year olds. They needed to design and make the 3 wise men as ornaments for the big tree. Ellie's group made felt wreaths. She was so inspired she has started making a couple more at home.
We went over to Mom and Dad's house early to try to get a family picture for their cards. It is now secret, we are a bit nuts. Mom has these Shriner hats that we have been wearing for her pictures for the past 5 years. The sun was shining so brightly it made pictures very difficult in their sun room. We managed to get 3 cameras going and find an array of good shots.
We stayed for dinner and the kids got to catch up on a week worth of advent clues and goodies. I was able to get a bit more cutting done for my project. I hung the garland on the tree for Mom and then we came home.
Saturday was another day of shuffling. We started out at the log cabin church. They were having their holiday fair. It has become a special stop each year. The kids got to visit with Santa and make their lists known, again. They had 3 rooms of crafts for the kids to make. We looked through the craft/vendor fair before coming home.
Ellie had a birthday party to go to in the afternoon. We dropped her off and then Nick and I went over to Mom and Dad's house. I worked on my project while Mom worked on hers. Dad and Nick played trains and watched holiday movies. We went to pick Ellie up in the evening. I dropped the kids at home and ran to Michaels for some supplies and picked up dinner on the way home.
Gotta love the month of December - always something to do. Oh, I have to share...I found my new favorite website. It is called pinterest.com and it is a virtual bulletin board that people have pined ideas to. This is where I found all my recipes for cooking club from. I had sleep issues last night. Around 2:30AM when I was thinking about going up to bed, I heard huge falling things upstairs. I raced up the stairs and the kids were both in bed. Rob had tripped over the broom that was by our bedroom door and had plunged forward and knocked over our garbage can. Needless to say, it took me about another 3 hours to calm down enough to even try to go up to bed. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, an increased white blood count and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment