Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Bread, bread and more Bread

Yesterday, we had our normal morning here. Ellie got off on the bus and then I took Nick to school. I came back home to clean up a bit for cooking club in the afternoon. I picked Nick up from school and Jo and Matteo met us here. We were off for an adventure. Matteo slept almost the entire time. Nick was a peach and was patient as could be.
We hit Whole Foods around lunchtime and picked up what we needed and got lunch. We did a Trader Joe stop and I was able to pick up the remaining ingredients for cooking club. Jo and Matteo dropped up off and I finished cleaning.
Ellie came home from school and started her homework. Rob came home to entertain Nick while I cooked. Christi dropped Catherine off and the girls finished their homework while the oven pre-heated and I got everything ready. We were making zucchini chip muffins, pumpkin cherry bread and banana chocolate chip bread. I grated the zucchini as the girls finished up.
It was very nice to work with the girls this week. We used some of the math skills they have been working on in school and they just worked so well together.
We ended up with 12 muffins and 7 loaves of bread. The kids all played together as I got everything into the oven and baked. We made pizza for dinner and I cooked some broccoli while the girls cut a few oranges to go with blackberries. We had dinner and then we taste tested each of the breads. Not bad - 7/10 stars was the bottom rating. We now know how to tweak the recipes for next time.
Christi came and we had a couple minutes to visit while the girls finished playing their board game. When they left, we got the kids in bed. Ellie and I started a new book and Rob read Dr. Seuss to Nick.
This morning was the same old stuff. Ellie got off to the bus and then I got Nick ready for school. I spent my free hour or so at Salvation. I picked up a couple wool sweaters for a project and was able to find Matteo a shirt, Ellie a couple dresses and a few things to flip.
I picked Nick up and we headed over to Mom and Dad's. Jo called and was going to join us over there too. We had lunch and I got my Matteo fix. He had a shot today at his doctor visit. I helped Mom go through her tupperware and rubbermaid containers and weed out lids with no bottoms and vice versa. We watched Nutcracker before heading home. Tony came home with us for a little bit.
Nick and Tony played legos Thomas and built trains and cars. Jo was here to pick him up about 45 minutes later. Ellie came home from school and we did homework. The first batch of my auctions ended this afternoon - not bad - 11 items for $98.00. Rob stopped home for a couple minutes before he went to the basketball game.
I got laundry in and flipped. The kids played and then we had dinner. Ellie took a shower while I worked with bleach to clean Nick's hands. They painted with colored shaving paint at school and his hands were still green. We went up and got ready for bed. Nick did not want to go to sleep tonight.
I was able to list a couple more thing s after the kids went to bed - free listings today and tomorrow. I got the kitchen curtains washed and rehung today. All the blankets in the back room were washed. Christi is coming over for coffee tomorrow morning while Nick is at school. I don't know if it is the weather or what but my feet and my knees are not happy. Feet are just super sensitive. Knees feel like something is rubbing and are out of alignment. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, an increased white blood count and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment