Sunday, December 4, 2011

All my Boxes came

Coming home from grocery shopping with Mom and Dad on Friday - I found a huge stack of boxes were delivered. Such fun! Nick helped me move them all in and un-pack them. We put the mattress topper onto his bed and we watched it magically grow until it was ready and then we did Ellie's bed. Highly suggest the Sleep Innovations foam toppers from Kohl's to anyone wanting to extend the life of their mattress. It is like sleeping on a cloud.
Nick helped me un-wrap and wash all our new pots and pans. Love my new pans. Only thing I don't love it is lids. They are glass with a knob top so I cannot hang them from my rack like my old ones. We packed up our old set to drop off at Salvation. Nick played for a while with his trains while I got the final items listed on ebay.
Ellie had a rec night (afternoon) at school so we picked her up a bit later than usual and we were off to see Arthur Christmas. We were able to get there in time to see a couple previews. The movie was super cute - very entertaining for parents. We came home and I got the kids to bed. Rob had a basketball game that evening.
Saturday was full of wonderful things. It began with a new creation...banana chocolate chip monkey bread. It was so yummy. The bananas caramelized and it was ooey, gooey deliciousness. It was Mom's annual ladies luncheon. Ellie helped me make crostini in the morning and then we all showered and got dressed. We went over a bit early to help out. We were delighted when Kate called to say Adie would be able to join us and the delight continued when Mrs. B walked in with Kelly and Molly.
Kelly and Molly are staying here instead of going back to California. They will be moving downstate Illinois - so exciting. Adie and I had a bunch of fun sitting next to each other and coming up with some marketing ideas for future projects. I got some Matteo love. Dad was a sport and took Nick and Tony for a boys lunch date. Nice hanging out with the ladies...Mom, Jo, Ellie, Kate, Adie, Mrs. B, Kelly, Katherine and Jamee.
We ended up staying because Rob had a couple work parties to attend. We ordered pizza for dinner and the kids played. I found a new free app for the ipad - can't recall the name exactly but you cut and style Santa and a Christmas tree - great fun. We came home and I got the kids to sleep.
This morning we all just hung out. The kids awoke to our Elf finally doing something fun. Elfie had pulled up the dollhouse Christmas tree, the fireplace and a tv (airing an Elf movie) and some friends in a sleigh and were all visiting. We eventually got dressed and ate lunch. We went over to Mom and Dad's to do our annual visit to St. Nick's. Ellie was so excited to get to the fair that she slammed my foot in the car door. Luckily, Danskos are pretty brick like and heavily cushioned the injury. The kids got to visit with Santa and get their wishes in. We walked around the craft fair and then left.
We had an early dinner - Rob came over to join us. The kids did a couple crafts while we waited for dinner. Sometimes, food is better the next day - reheats tonight were great. We came home and the kids played for a bit. We started bedtime a bit earlier to see if it might not take as long...I think it cut 15 minutes off. Rob and I got to watch our Sunday shows - they haven't been on in a couple weeks.
Feeling pretty good - not much to complain about. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, an increased white blood count and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I've noticed you can do a lot of damage to a body part with neuropathy and not really feel significant pain...I think it's one of those mixed blessing things. It was a fun week end...thanks for your part in keeping the chuckles coming! Looking forward to Elfie's antics this week! love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete