Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Where is the pause button?

Everyone knows Christmas is December 25th...every year but the clock seems to have sped up. I am highlighting again because I cannot re-tell 3 days. I majorly worked on projects today. I got 3 almost done - they just need finishing touches. I tried to felt soap this afternoon. This will not be a new hobby. Didn't turn out very pretty.
Have I mentioned how much I love Kohls? I love Kohls! Besides the 30% off coupon I had, they sent me a coupon via email this morning for an extra $10.00 to spend for Christmas. I went shopping while Nick was at school. I replaced out knives. Once again, a set that has been around a number of years. I found a real nice set with the knives I prefer and it ended up being $85.00 cheaper with my coupons.
I was able to finish up shopping (I hope) for Christmas with Nick this morning. We were at VonMaur and I looked through my felting inspiration table (this is where I found my scarf idea last year). They had adorable buttons...for $20.00. I heard Mom's voice in my head say, "you could make that."
Skokie Salvation totally remodeled and I am in love. It was a pleasure shopping there yesterday. I found some very cute sweater vests to felt. I scored big at Morton Grove yesterday. I found these Fisher Price smart cycle cartridges on a key chain without a price and when I got to the register the lady threw them in the bag because I am there all the time...turns out they are about $7-$10 a piece on ebay (I have 6).
Rob came home from work on Monday and was home yesterday too. Don't know what he has but I hope none of us get it.
Christi came over Monday and we worked for the majority of the morning and afternoon on the holiday party. We painted the snowmen heads and glued on ribbons. We assembled candy bags to decorate the snowman sundaes. We got together all the ingredients for snowman soup. We got to catch up and visit.
I was able to get all Ellie's and Nick's school gifts off and out of the living room. Now I just need Rob to get his co-worker gifts out of there.
We had cooking club on Monday night. We chocolate and caramel dipped pretzel rods. We made alfredo sauce for noodles. The girls played for a bit, we had dinner and they did homework. We finished with cake in a mug...recipes needs some tweaking.
I have two days left and I have about 10 cookie recipes to make and a few more things to bake. I have my projects to finish. I have all my wrapping to do still. I guess instead of sitting on the computer at 2AM I should be doing some of these things.
Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You kids were about these ages when the holiday season came over me like a deluge. Once they become school age and are aware of packaging and wrapping and need teacher gifts and have holiday parties to plan ...it's all over! You're a good Mom and it will all work out. Forget the wrapping at 2:00 am...it just takes longer to do the things that would go quickly with the light of day! Let me know if I can offload you of anything..Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete