Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Fall is here

So, today only, eBay had a deal that I could list up to 1,000 items for free. Sounds great in theory, doesn't it? Nick was up early so I got him breakfast and got him set up watching Arthur. Ellie was still sleeping so I decided to get my exercise out of the way. I got the kids clothes out and ready and brushed Ellie's hair. She left with her umbrella to wait for the bus.
I was able to get photos taken of almost a box of clothes to list before I needed to take Nick to school. While he was at school I was able to finish taking pictures and list about 20 items. I went and picked Nick up and we went over to Mom and Dad's. We are taking a break this week from Grandma Chocolate's house and working at Mom's.
We worked on kitchen related projects today. We organized the spice cabinet and then the pantry. It expanded to the pantry in the basement, too. Dad brought us back Chinese food after he got a haircut. Nick was having a sort of weird day - he was quiet and really into spelling.
We came home and I continued working on listing items on ebay. I got almost 70 items listed now. Rob came home and worked with the kids so I could finish up. Ellie practiced her clarinet for a bit - sounding better. The kids had their bathes. Ellie helped me roast veggies. The wonderful part of cooking something yourself is that you will usually want to try the end product. Today Ellie tried mushrooms and onions and she liked them. She really liked the cauliflower - my personal favorite, too.
We did some reading at bedtime - almost finished with the book we have been reading. Nick worked on his Christmas list. Rob and I watched Parenthood and had some down time.
Yesterday, after Ellie left for school, Nick and I went to the post office to mail the last of my packages. We went grocery shopping at Meijer's and a produce run to Tony's. We came home and put all our food away. I fixed lunch for us and Nick was a big helper. Mom called and wanted to know if we wanted to go shopping - so we joined them for their grocery run and a CVS run.
We picked Tony us from school and then they dropped me and Nick back at home. Ellie got home and did her homework. I made a batch of muffins to take over to Jo. The kids and I went over to Jo and Ole's house for dinner. Ellie and Nick were so excited to finally get to meet Matteo. They both held him and cheesed over how cute he is. Mom and Dad came over and Aunt Carrie joined us too. We had dinner and the kids played. I got my Matteo fix - cuter everyday. I love that baby smell - which I am pretty sure is spit up. We came home and got the kids to bed.
Sunday morning we went to church. We were on for Ellie's Sunday school group. Ellie's group made butterflies with oil pastels while Nick's group painted them. We came home and had a kicked back day. We raked some more leaves, the kids played outside for a bit but it was starting to get cool. We went over to Mom and Dad's a bit earlier so the kids could play with Tony. We had dinner together. Ole came to take Tony for the night. They were going to go to Chuck E Cheese and then T was going to have a sleep over at Tio's house. Jo was discharged on Sunday - major screw-up at the hospital. Discharged less than 48 hours after delivery?
Feeling pretty good these days. Not really anything to complain about. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Life is good...Thanks for all of your help! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete