Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy Day After

So, I got too involved in cyber shopping last night and trying to find a store that all the items I wanted were available. Then around 2:30AM, Nick came down to find me and have me come up. I had thought about blogging around 1:30AM after I had finished my last shopping but I started watching Gabriel Inglesias on Comedy Central.
For Thanksgiving we had a casual morning around here. The newspaper, with all our ads, wasn't delivered so we called for a re-delivery. I made a monkey bread for breakfast. I did a quick workout and ironed our clothes for the day. We watched some of the parade before heading off to church. We sat in a row with a window and got to have the sun shine on us through the service.
We went to the GGs for our annual Thanksgiving dinner. Uncle Bry came down from Baraboo for the day. We had quite the spread for dinner: turkey, spicy turkey, steak, tortellini, mashed and sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, roasted veggies, vegan casserole, corn pudding, salad and bread. We had a wonderful meal and the kids finished off with their chocolate turkeys. We had cannoli cake for dessert and pumpkin pie for the purists.
The kids entertained, as always. We had a dance party in the living room. Each had their own signature moves. Nick had brought trains and he and T played for a bit. We all got our fix of Matteo. I had entire conversations with that boy with just our eyes. We packed up and came home a bit after 4PM.
We changed into more comfortable clothes and we found some holiday movies on tv. I eventually made a small fire. We had some re-heats for dinner and then watched Charlie Brown together before bed. I had planned on going out at midnight to Macy's. I have discovered that since we are going on 13 years, next year, of marriage...all our wedding gifts are also that old. My circulon set needs replacing, some bake ware needs replacement, sheets, towels. Macy's had a good sale and I thought they might not be too crowded.
While looking online I found that many of the black Friday items were availabel online and I might not need to venture out. I shopped on macys.com and got all the way through the checkout before they told me the circulon set wasn't available. I went onto kohls.com and found a similar set and filled my cart. I got the kids memory foam mattress toppers for their beds, new pillows, new flannel sheet set, my circulon set and $150 in Kohl's cash to spend next week.
I tried to find more online bargains but sites were so slow and I was running into a bunch of not availables. I started watching Gabriel Inglesias and that was my night.
Highlights from the beginning of the week because I honestly can't remember all the details. The kids both went for haircuts. Nick's hair had chia pet qualities over the last month. I can usually take him every other month for a haircut but it just over-grew this past 4 weeks. Mom took Ellie to her gal for a haircut. Ellie is perpetually trying to grow her hair out and hasn't went for a haircut in about a year. The problem is, her hair is so thick it weighs a ton when it gets long. Anyhow, she went to Jeannie for a trim and it looks great and healthy.
I took Ellie for her first acupuncture appointment on Tuesday. I wanted to see how it would impact her headache situation. Ellie refused to really, truly, relax for the session. The needles didn't bother her but she wouldn't close her eyes and try to relax. So far, knock on wood, no headache this week. Patricia suggested we talk to our dentist about TMJ because sometimes that is also a culprit in headaches.
Ellie helped me roast vegetables Wednesday morning. We did a little bit of everything and it smelled so good. We delivered them over to the GGs late int he afternoon. It is so nice to have a couple more days off. The kids are going for an overnight at Mom and Dad's tonight. Feeling pretty good this week. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, an increase in the white blood cell action and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment