Monday, November 21, 2011

Lalalala

Can't come up with a better title.
Tonight I had Ellie's parent-teacher conference. I was delighted to hear how Ellie is a pleasure to have in class. Dean came over to have dinner and play with the kids. They played board games, showed off their new rooms and a bunch of other things. I spent the morning cleaning the dining room floor. This all goes back to the pumpkin issue. It irritates me that the stain is the first thing you see as you walk in. I did some reading online about how to clean a mold stain and tea was suggested. I tried it out yesterday on the stain and I really liked what it did to the floor.
This morning, I did the dining room. It took about 5 washes to get all the dirt off. The tea strips away the wax build-up from all the cleaners and sealers. It is simple - a pot of water (similar to a pasta pot) and about 12 tea bags. Boil and let cool and then use the tea to wash floor. Looks beautiful. Nick and I ran to the post office to mail the last ebay item off and then we went over to Mom and Dad's for a little bit.
I'm jumping around...Saturday the kids and I went on a thrift adventure but it was once again, slim pickings. I did find Ellie a couple holiday shirts to replace the ones she has grown out of. I got Nick a sweater for Christmas. I dropped them off at Mom and Dad's late in the afternoon. Rob and I went grocery shopping and had some quality time. Dad brought the kids home a bit before bedtime.
Yesterday, I worked on the living room floor. In a way, I am ahead of the game in the cleaning department because this is the normal cleaning I would need to do to get the holiday stuff up. I got a bunch of laundry done. I had all Rob's clothes to wash from his trip and then all the bedding from upstairs. We spent about an hour up in the kids rooms cleaning up. Ellie's room was the land of the lost socks. Nick's room had snakes, frogs and spiders (all fake) hiding everywhere.
We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom had made a Thanksgiving feast. We were trying the field roast - a vegan alternative. Mom had mashed and sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, spinach, brussel sprouts, salad, turkey, corn tamales - delish. I think Thanksgiving might just be Nick's holiday - he had 3 slices of turkey and a few helpings of cranberry sauce.
I am feeling pretty good. My sore throat never turned into anything more and has pretty much subsided. I have a bit of lower back pain but I am stacking that up to the floor washing the last two days. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body, higher white blood counts and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment