Monday, September 12, 2011

Music Monday

Yesterday we woke up and were off to church. It was a lovely morning with the sun shining so brightly. We got to talk to many people after church including Aunt Pam. We visited with friends at the park while the kids played. We made a quick drop off at the Parkers and then we were on our way home.
I talked Rob into working on the train engine in the yard for a few hours. The wood has been laying there since May now. The kids use is frequently to set up their own Wipeout layouts. I quickly sketched out my idea and Rob went to work. He was able to use up all the wood we have and we measured so now we know exactly how much more wood we need.
I had a window of tomatoes and a jar of homemade pesto so I put them together to take to Mom's for family Sunday. We picked up a bag of ice on our way to their house. The kids were immediately yard bound to play. I helped Mom in the kitchen. We had so much to celebrate at family Sunday: Grandma GG's birthday, Jo's birthday, Rob's birthday, Ole's graduation, my cancerversary and Grandparent's day.
Mom made a mostly vegan meal but made ribs for the carnivores. We had mac n' soy cheese, tomato salad, a garden salad, fruit salad, sweet potatoes and a roasted veggie lemony thing. Best of all were the desserts - eclair cake (you'd never know it was vegan), peach & cherry cobbler and shortbread.
We played in the yard running and throwing footballs and beach balls. The kids were filthy. We made s'mores with our giant marshmallows. We came home and got the kids cleaned up and then Ellie and I read for a bit.
This morning was the usual stuff around here. Nick and I went over to Mom's to play with Tony. Mom fixed the boys lunch and then we took Tony to school. Mom came over here to sew. We have fabric for Nick and Ellie's curtains and I had an idea to use a crib bumper as a valance in Nick's room. Mom worked on the valance while I ripped the seams in the sheet for Nick's curtains. Ellie came home from school with an announcement...she pulled her tooth out. Apparently, she wanted to wait for it to happen at school so she could get the tooth box. Ellie did some homework and then went out to play with the neighbors. We took Mom home and then came back here and had dinner. Rob got home just in time, I sent Nick with him to the park. Ellie and I were off to school for the band meeting. Ellie will be playing the clarinet and is very excited about it. After hearing the music dealers talk I decided to look on ebay instead of renting. Ellie got to play with Catherine in the park for a bit while I visited with Christi.
We came home and the kids took their bath and we got them to bed. I have been able to get to sleep early the last couple nights. Didn't get my wii time in today but I do get 2 days off a week. My first ebay auctions ended (5 auctions, $88.00 - not bad). Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. All said...a few very nice days! Family Sunday was great. I feel like today we got a lot accomplished. I do want my thumb back one of these days! I feel like I'm at the beginning of the race...anxious for the start. Thanks for your help. Bet the capris were the majority of that $88! Get to bed! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete