Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Mmmmmm - Happy Birthday Jo

I just roasted peppers in the oven and tried one and mmmmmm -good! I think I could survive of roasted peppers, some cheese and a nice loaf of bread.
Yesterday, I went downtown for a market research study. I was chosen becuase I was a cancer survivor and I had to provide them with a timeline. It paid very well and I was interested to see what they were looking at. Well, long story short, they wanted my opinion on an injection to aid in the prevention of blood clots. I just kept telling her that the only time I could recall any discussion on clots was after surgery and not any other time during treatment. I got my check and was on my way.
Nick has had very bizarre sleep the past few days. It takes forever to get him to relax enough to get to sleep and then he is up with the sun in the morning. Needless to say, he is cranky.
Rob went to the doctor today because he came back from Kentucky with a runny nose and a cough. Looks like he has bronchitis but they took chest x-rays to rule out pneumonia.
Mom and Dad watched Nick while I headed to the Park Center. I got there early and was able to stop into VonMaur. I found a pair of dansko clogs I have looking at for about a year now - on clearance. And, it was markdown Wednesday so they were just marked from 25% off to 50% off. I was seeing Char today for a massage. Patricia has gotten very busy, she has been in a few articles I have read and she has quite a following now.
What is wonderful about having a massage through Park Center is that Char had access to my records and knew issues I have. The massage was wonderful! She worked many knots out of neck and worked on my feet. At the end she did energy work on my stomach and it was very neat. She wasn't touching me but I could feel the heat emanating from her hands to my skin.
The kids have been enjoying the afternoons. Ellie gets home, does homework and then they are out playing until dinner. We picked our first peppers from the garden. Tomatoes are still gang-buster. Zucchini have sizzled out.
Happy Birthday, to my sister, Jo! She went for an ultrasound yesterday to see how big "Pooka" is...4.8#. She very well could have a 10# baby if she goes full term. Our loud neighbors are in the process of moving out. I am kind of excited but who knows what will happen now because they were renting and the owners are in foreclosure on the property. Another random thought (because that seems to be how this post is going) about a month ago, Rob left a garbage bag in the kitchen and it leaked. Problematic because he had emptied Kitty's box into the bag. Anyhow, in the heat and humidity the smell is in my kitchen. I have tried chemicals, sprays and baking soda. I think baking soda overnight made a difference but I will have to see tomorrow.
I still feel completely relaxed from Char today. My feet seem to have acted up though. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. I forgot...in addition to the Bath & body lemon stuff, I have a spray bottle of "Odor-Rid" made specifically for animal smells....try it if the baking soda doesn't work. Glad the massage was helpful. I miss Miss Ellie! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete