Friday, September 9, 2011

Feeling tired

Let me see what I can remember from the past couple days. Tuesday night Nana and Dean came over for dinner. I have a bumper crop of tomatoes now so we had a summer salad. Dean (and Nana) were good sports and played multiple board games and wii with the kids while I got dinner ready. We had a nice dinner - Rob was able to join us for the last part of it. We gave Nana an extra hug and kiss to last the winter. Nana flew back to Florida on Wednesday.
I didn't get to do wii until after the kids went to sleep on Tuesday which led to epic hunger and lack of sleep Tuesday night. On Wednesday, we had plans to got grocery shopping with Mom and Dad. I was able to remember most of the things on my shopping list. Didn't end up with too much that we didn't plan on. The cherries were huge again. I stocked up on bubbles - reduced to 25 cents a container. Mom and Dad dropped us home and we put groceries away.
Ellie came home and we worked through her homework. Nick and Ellie were quickly outside after that. I was able to list 9 lots of toddler clothes on ebay. Now I only have 3 bins left. Ellie helped me get dinner ready. She has a majorly loose tooth and eating is presenting a challenge. The kids had their bath/shower and then we read for a bit before we watched the first segment of America's Got Talent.
This morning the kids were up ultra early. I ended up falling asleep on the couch and didn't have a stellar sleep night. I took Nick over to Mom and Dad's so I could go see Patricia. I think I had about 2 dozen needles today. We addressed neuropathy, sleep and energy. If the lack of sleep is hormonal, then there isn't too much she can do about it.
We had lunch when I got back and then we went to Whole Foods. We didn't really need much so we were just joining in for the adventure. They dropped me back at home but Nick went with them to Menards. Ellie got home and we waited for Mom, Dad and Nick to arrive. When I was walking out to the car, a cicada dropped out of the tree and hit me on my neck - gross.
Ellie did her homework and Nick played. We went to the library to return books and get a few new ones. We checked out a few wii games. We came home and Ellie asked what kind of soup we had poor girl needs to lose that tooth. We ended up making cinnamon raisin french toast and topped it with the apple sauce I made earlier in the week. We tried out Ellie and Nick's wii games and will have to work to perfect them. We went up to bed and read a few books. Rob got home around 9:30 - the soccer game had been postponed for lightening.
I have to say, my arms are hurting but in a good, muscle building kind of way. I am not feeling sleepy yet (and its past midnight). My former Plum location has been providing some on/off stabbing pain. Not to be preachy but make sure to give the ones you love an extra hug. A 6th grader at Ellie's school had a headache over the weekend. His mom took him to the hospital and they found an aneurysm in his brain. He didn't make it through the operation. I have been through quite a journey the last year or so but I could not imagine the pain of losing my child. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment