Thursday, September 15, 2011

Let's see what I can recall

The downfall to not posting daily is the remembering part.
Not in any particular order, I was able to find a clarinet for Ellie online. I also was able to order her reeds and instruction book. Band - check! Rob was able to get her a clarinet to use for next week just in case the new one doesn't arrive in time.
I don't know if it is the temperature change, the Minnesota fires or the mold in the air but Nick is not a happy camper. We are back to the inhaler daily.
Nick and I have been helping Mom and Dad with some projects. Nick gave Mom a matching black eye last night. He was going to hug her and jumped up and their eyebrows collided.
I had curriculum night at school last night. I got to meet Ellie's teacher and sit in her desk. Big difference this year is the introduction of letter grades instead of demonstrates, secure, needs. Mom watched the kids while I was there. We had a real good dinner before. I took the leftover tomato pesto salad and put it over pasta - delish.
Mom has been helping (well, really doing it all alone) me with Nick's curtains. We got the valances done and the curtain panels almost done. I ran out to pick up rods yesterday but I couldn't locate a power screwdriver in the house.
I had major laundry putting away and doing this afternoon - I think I put away about 10 loads of laundry. I helped the kids pack their bags for their sleepover at Mom and Dad's house. Rob and I are going to Louisville for my friend, Julie's, wedding. I will pack for Rob and me tomorrow morning.
We had an appointment this afternoon for Ellie with her doctor. I have noticed she gets labored breathing after running or dancing with the wii. We are going to try having her take her inhaler before gym and see if it makes a difference. I cannot believe it but Ellie decided to have a flu shot instead of the mist. She has never been eligible for the mist before but because she hasn't had a real asthma attack in 2 years she could have tried it.
My feet seem to be doing better - have I built up enough Lion's Mane? I have been getting a terrible pulling my right hip when it is at a certain angle. Like the angle it is when I try to get out of Nick's bed each night. He is so afraid of the Minnesota fires. He has woke up many times during the night with nightmares about our house burning and the fires making it hard to breathe. Visualising my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how these little ones pick up on the things that we think are over their heads. Couldn't believe that the boys were having a conversation about the fire in your car the other day! Looking forward to the weekend! Thanks for your help with our projects. Hopefully we'll get Nick's curtains finished and hung and then I'll move on to Ellie's...she's waiting patiently. Pack for two nights....Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete