Monday, April 7, 2014

Day Late, I Know

So, I have had this sinus/cold/allergy thing going on for about a week now. Last night I made myself a hot toddy and it pretty much knocked me out and I wasn't going to blog when I woke up at 3:00 AM.
I can't much recall Thursday last week...makes me think that nothing much happened. I know Mom and Dad came over after school to visit with us.
Friday I got out of the house and did a bit of thrifting. I found a couple shirts for Rob, a robe for Nick, a pack of dvds for Mom's house, new summer pjs for Nick. I had lunch at Mom and Dad's. I got quite a few items out of the house in the afternoon mail. Nick and I had a date night because Rob was at a volleyball game and Ellie was at middle school rec night.
Saturday was busy. Ellie had her dance clinic at the high school in the morning. Rob took her to that and Nick and I went to the inaugural rummage sale of the year. We found lots of things for us - nothing to flip. We met Rob and Ellie at school for her performance. Ellie got to work with the team captain on a duet. We had a wedding on Saturday night. It was the first time ever that we had a non-family member watch the kids. It worked out fine and they were more than thrilled to have a gymnast in the house to help them with their gymnastics. The wedding was in the city and it was nice to be out with the family and without the wee ones.
Sunday morning, Rob and Ellie went to church. Nick and I stuck around here and snuggled. The tree guys came and stumped the base of the tree. We worked all afternoon in the yard. We got many bags of leaves cleaned up and started laying the wood chips around the house. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. The kids got to play outside and have fun.
Visualizing my healthier and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment