Wednesday, October 23, 2013

It is Already Wednesday?

A friend posted this link today and I found it so funny that I had to share... 19 signs you are addicted to thrift shopping... http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/19-signs-youre-addicted-to-thrift-shopping
I can see myself in quite a few of these and I also could probably double the list with my own.
I have been listing like crazy this week and stepping outside my comfort zone. I picked up some Royal Dalton chine today and listed it and some HP printer ink. I joined this group that is all thrifters and people are always posting BOLOs (be on the look out) and printer ink, even expired, gets nice return on investment.
I volunteered at school yesterday. It was fun getting to know the kids a bit more. I was helping them write their Halloween stories. I did make sure to use the hand sanitizer on my way out of the classroom.
I made some yummy squash and apple side last night to heat up the house. I baked a bunch of potatoes and sweet potatoes for the week. I did a great 10 minute clean on the kitchen and got most of the counter tops cleaned off.
I had some thrift remorse and took a drive out to Northbrook to pick up an outfit I saw on Sunday. I had a very similar outfit that I hadn't listed yet and didn't know how it was going to sell. I listed it Tuesday afternoon and it sold overnight. I killed a couple birds with one stone...I stopped in Deerfield for my vision test at the DMV. It would have been great of them to tell me that I would be getting a new license too because I might have put some make up on and brushed my hair. I was able to pickup the outfit and a couple more things at Goodwill. I then checked out a new thrift store. I found their clothing prices too pricey for my taste but I did get the china, printer ink, and a couple toys.
I did a market research study with a healthy care company looking to develop some software/app for patients and survivors. Mom came over for dinner. I heated up the potatoes and squash and added some chick'n tenders and broccoli and cauliflower. Ellie helped me and we made 2 apple pies. Mom brought corn pudding and chocolate covered strawberries. We watched the Middle and got the kids to bed.
I got Nick's report back from the speech pathologist at school and had the biggest laugh because she was describing the test and the results and it was such a vivid description that I could totally see/hear Nick doing that exact thing.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment