Sunday, October 6, 2013

Finally Feels Like Fall

I love that the cold front has come through...I have cute fall clothes I have been waiting to wear. Plus...this having to shave my legs to wear shorts in October thing - stinks!
It has been a busy couple days. Thursday morning I ran to Unique and found a couple things that were excellent. A North Face jacket that will be my winter coat if it doesn't sell. I couple great shirts that I have already listed and they have bids.
Friday afternoon Ellie had a volleyball tournament. The team has vastly improved over the past weeks. They won 4/6 games that they played. Ellie had a 5 point serving roll. They only let you score 5 points before you need to rotate positions. Rob took a half day and was in Michigan by early afternoon. After the game we had dinner at Red Robin and then took advantage of the bank coupons and had ice cream.
Saturday morning Ellie watched Nick so I could do a quick grab at Salvation Army. We headed up to Gurnee for our thrifting adventure. Founds some good things. Found a new thrift store to hit on the way home. We tried our luck at a store I saw on TV called Bargain in a Box. It had started lightly drizzling when we went in but once inside it began pouring. The store is pretty cool, looks like they buy damaged packages and closeouts from Costco and CVS and other stores. We waited and waited for the rain to slow down to run to the car. I realized we were parked in a low section of the lot and the water was almost up to the door. Roads were flooded over...I was glad to come home and find we just had a tiny bit of water by the drain.
Today we had a laid back day. Ellie helped me organize my bins and alphabetize my inventory. I think this will be an easier way of trying to find which bin and item is in. We ran to the Mexican bakery and market to pick up some treats for Ellie to bring to school. The kids played outside for a bit this afternoon. We did our first sweep of tree branches in the yard...I don't think I will miss that tree when it is gone. Rob got back this afternoon, he had a very productive weekend. We went to Mom and Dad's for family Sunday. Jo, Ole and the boys didn't join us because they are sick. We celebrated our German heritage with Oktoberfest. Spaetzle, cabbage, sauerkraut, applesauce, potato pancakes, Pork, Faux Turkey. Apple strudel and cookies for dessert.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment