Sunday, October 27, 2013

Another Whirlwind

This weekend has been non-stop adventures. I did some thrifting on Thursday. I tried doing my Salvation pull on Thursday...my stuff wasn't together on Saturday, so I won't be doing it that early again. I went in for my meeting with the speech therapist at school. Nick will be getting one session a week of speech for about a dozen specific sounds. Ellie helped me make some double chocolate zucchini muffins. I just love that combo.
I listed on Friday, got a bunch of items up. Ellie had her first middle school rec night. It was a costume party since they don't get Halloween parties at that age. Ellie was Mary Poppins. We have been thrifting items for almost a year now. She had the daisy hat, a black blazer, a long black skirt, a white collared shirt, and the purse. She looked great and she won for one of the 3 best costumes! She won a 3 foot long tube of bubble gum. Nick and I had a date while she had rec night. We went to Panera to eat. I thought they would have their fireplace on but they didn't, we still sat next to it. We went to Mariano's and did some grocery shopping and got gelato for dessert. I had a great time with him.
Saturday morning I ran to Salvation and re-picked my items. I picked up the kids and we ran to a rummage sale in Evanston. Not too much there. We stopped by Mom's house for a few minutes on our way home. We went to Trunk or Treat at St. Paul's. The kids were amazed that one lady was giving out Nerd Ropes, apparently a favorite of theirs. We went to the Downtown Skokie Halloween event. A bit tricky since most of the sidewalks are torn up and are actively being worked on. It was nice that the sun was shining and didn't make the day so bad. The kids racked up candy and then got to decorate a pumpkin at the end.
We came home and Ellie got ready for Catherine's murder mystery birthday party. She was Amile, the maid. She was to come dressed up "formal." She wore one of the dresses we had from her fashion party. She accessorized with some costume jewelry of Aunt Linda's and Grandma Chocolate's fur shrug. She looked dynamite. Nick and Rob were going to have a date night and Jo and I were going out again. Jo picked me up and we went to El Jardin for dinner and then went and did some thrifting. I was able to pick up a couple things to flip. I came home to the news that Ellie's character was the murderer.
This morning we began the day at church. We were able to take home some pumpkins they had leftover from the harvest festival. We stopped at an estate sale on the way home. Ellie and I ran in and I was able to get a very cheap puzzle for the school party this week. Found a couple other things too. We came home and the boys went out to rake leaves and Ellie helps me clean the first floor. I feel accomplished. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made chili, noodles, asparagus, broccoli, and pumpkin bread. I brought a pineapple and apple pie and Jo made mummy dogs. It was a fun time and it is good to see Tony and Matteo feeling better.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment