Sunday, December 2, 2012

Happy December

What a eventful end of the week. I am going to start backwards because it seems like weeks since my last post. Rob had an event at school this evening so he wasn't home to help with bedtime. Nick's asthma has ramped up with the warm/damp weather and we did his inhalers and nasal wash before bed. I tucked him in a bit early since he was up later the last two nights. I was called back upstairs about 20 minutes later because he wanted to know what else I could do for his cough. I rubbed him in with chest rub and came back downstairs and washed my hands.
Our Elf on the Shelf made his appearance last night and landed in the first floor washroom. While I was washing my hands, I decided it was probably a smart idea to move the Elf - wrong. About 15 minutes after I moved Elfie, Ellie came downstairs to get me because Nick was complaining upstairs. Soon both of them were down here. Nick apparently rubbed his chest and got the chest rub on his hands and then into his mouth. He went into the washroom to wash his hands, I went into the kitchen to get him some honey (Elfie relocated to the kitchen), Ellie followed me into the kitchen. As I was trying to get them back upstairs...Ellie whispers that Elfie has already moved. I explained he could move anytime after he thinks the children are asleep.
We spent the day with Mom and Dad today. We went over there around lunchtime and went to the St. Nick's craft fair. The kids got their annual picture with Santa. We went back to their house and the kids played and helped Dad start to set up the trains. I helped Mom with dinner while Dad took the kids to the park. We had an early dinner and then we came home to watch the Grinch.
On Saturday, I began with my pilgrimage to Salvation. I ended up hitting both Skokie and Morton Grove but I found some good things. Mom had her annual holiday luncheon. We arrived a bit early to help her out in the kitchen. It was a nice time, good company and yummy food. Rob took Nick with him for the afternoon while Ellie and I were at Mom's. We met them at North for the basketball game in the evening. It was super fun to be in that environment again. The pep band, the pompom routines, the game. Nick helped Rob run cable and get set up. Rob had his first live stream game and it went pretty well.
On Friday, I got the kids off on the school bus and then Mom and Dad came to pick me up. We went to a couple warehouse sales that we went to last year...they weren't nearly as much fun this year. We went to Caputo's for lunch and some grocery shopping. They now have pepper and egg sandwiches on Friday's. They are not as good as Jay's but not as bad as other places. Ellie had a rec night at school that she helped organize with student leadership. We picked her up and headed up to Vernon Hills to the Cuneo Winter Wonderland. Amazingly, it was very empty. We had no wait in line and were able to cruise through at our leisure. They did change it up a bit this year and the kids always enjoy counting the snowmen. We had dinner at Mariano's before driving home and looking at more holiday lights.
On Thursday I went shopping. I used my Kohl's cash to buy a few more presents. My neck has improved, not 100% yet but much better. I have been connected with Imerman again...always biter sweet. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment