Thursday, December 6, 2012

Late and I Can Explain

So, it has been a jam packed couple of days. Long story short about why there wasn't a post last night...one word, Jagermeister. See, I got your interest, didn't I?
I have listed a couple things on ebay each day this week. I finally have a couple bids on things now, so I will continue listing today and tomorrow. Nick's asthma continued to escalate, requiring a doctor visit yesterday. His nights have been pretty terrible. He wakes up coughing, wakes the house up coughing. We went to see Dr. Schafer, and Nick wasn't even able to get a good blow on the machine. She listened to his chest and he was wheezing. She prescribed Orapred, an oral steroid, and even gave him his initial dose right at the office. She also ordered him a nebulizer. He had a treatment in the office and we have to pick his up. It is basically a better way to get his albuterol (fast acting medicine) into his body. I do have to say, all in all, he had a much better night.
Ellie had her first Battle of the Books meet last night. She was the captain for her team. Although they didn't win their meet last night, they get another chance next week. Ellie was smiling from ear to ear and we were so proud of her. Mom and Dad came to watch and were kind enough to pick up dinner on the way back to our house so we could divide and conquer...Rob went to pick up the nebulizer and I went to another pharmacy to pick up Nick's Orapred and Albuterol. Unfortunately, since it was later in the evening, the nebulizer couldn't get approved by our insurance and the pharmacy needed to order the Albuterol.
I volunteered at school on Tuesday. I got to meet a few of Nick's classmates and work with them individually. Rob worked a basketball game on Tuesday night. I originally thought I would get to the store after the kids got home from school but Nick had the terrible cough and Ellie came home with a backpack full of homework. I asked Rob to stop at pick up a bottle of Jagermeister on the way home...adult cough medicine. He was nice and did. The store, however, did not take the alarmed seal off the bottleneck and I wasn't able to have any. He went back during lunch yesterday and had the alarm taken off and I was able to have some last night.
I told you I was matched again with Imerman. I got to speak with her the other night for about an hour and look forward to talking with her again. It was the culmination of a hot toddy with Jager, Nick's meds making him a bunch more quiet than he has been over the last couple nights and the end of a long day...all adding up that I didn't blog last night. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment