Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry, Merry

Feels like it has been weeks but it has only been a few days. Let's see...there has been a ton of running around the past couple days.
Thursday I chaperoned a field trip of Nick's class. We went to the Marriott Lincolnshire to see Cinderella. It was fun to experience it through the eyes of the kids. The bus trip up and back were so much more quiet than with Ellie's group. I did my grocery shopping for Nick's school party afterwards because we were supposed to have a huge storm coming through and I wanted to get it done. I got some of my prep done on Thursday...cut the graham crackers apart, cut wax paper & got paper goods together.
Friday I tried to get some more things checked off my list but wasn't too successful. Nick's party was fun and tiring. The kids made train engines from graham crackers with banana circles as the wheels and popcorn as the steam. I cut bead loaves to look like slippers and stuffed them with carrots and orange slices. I took Ellie and Nick home and we all relaxed. We went to a party down the block in the evening. It was nice to be able to get out and see neighbors and friends.
Saturday we divided and conquered. Ellie had a usability study for a new video game. We went down into the city for that while Nick and Rob went shopping. It was nice to be able to have a girls lunch before heading home. We picked up some movies and prepared for some rest and relaxation, I think Ellie is getting sick. The kids watched a video while I got to work finishing the cookie baking. Rob and Nick went to save Mom and Dad...they got a flat tire and needed to have the car towed because the dealer has the key to unlock the wheel bolts. It was nice because Mom came over and was able to help us with our spritz cookies. We were also able to get out a vegan cookie bar, triple chocolate chip, chocolate thumbprints and vanilla meringues. The cookie elves have officially closed up shop.
Today we switched and repeated, I took Nick and Rob took Ellie. Nick and I went to the Lego store to get Ellie her gift from him. We did a small grocery shop before coming home. Rob and Ellie had done some shopping and were very busy working on building lego houses when we got home. Ellie and I ran out to get the car washed and vacuumed and to finish our grocery shopping. Ellie got to sample all the goods at the store - cheese, quiche, gelato and crackers. We brought dinner home and finished the evening with some reading.
I am taking a blog break this week and will post again next Sunday. We have a couple busy days ahead with Christmas and a visit to Uncle Bry's. Hoping everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment