Sunday, December 9, 2012

Crazy House

It has just been a nut house here. Nick's 1st school concert was Thursday night. If it wasn't for that concert, I probably would have kept him home from school the last part of the week. It isn't that he was contagious, it was more that he was tired, cranky, and a coughing machine. He went to school and it was a good thing because I needed the break. He is on a steroid and is having 'roid rage issues. He easily gets aggravated and has tantrums.
Friday night, Rob had a game to tape so the kids and I headed out to Randhurst. I read they were having a light show, similar to what you would see at Disney World. We got there and had to walk around to figure out where it was exactly. It was a cool show, very much like Disney. It took the side of a building and changed it into a gingerbread house, an advent calendar, elves were popping in and out of windows...it was neat but only lasted 5 minutes. We went and had dinner and then came back home because Nick wasn't himself.
Saturday, I began at Salvation. I am not a motivated buyer right now because my items listed aren't moving swiftly. I did a quick run through and found a couple things. Dad took Ellie down to the Christkindle mart downtown. They went down on the train and walked through the mart and had lunch. Rob went to paint when I got home and I played with Nick. He wanted to stay in pajamas all day and watch movies and that was fine with me. When Ellie got home in the late afternoon, I attempted to get a few pictures taken for our Christmas card but Nick wasn't having it. He immediately took off his sweater that I put on him. He said he was too hot, it was too scratchy, he didn't care if he was in the picture. We decided to try again today. We had a picnic on the floor in the back room while watching Paranorman. It was fun and a bit different.
Rob ran over to a holiday party at a friends house after the kids got to bed. He came home and Nick was calling down from his bedroom. He was having ear pain. I grabbed an ibuprofen and went up to see him. He was crying and said his ear was really hurting him. He didn't have a fever and said it was just hurting, not pounding or stabbing. Right before we went up to bed, he jumped onto the couch and hit his ear in the same place he split it open this past summer. I think he activated his old scar and it was hurting him. Eventually, I thought I got him back to bed and came back downstairs. When Rob went up to bed about 20 minutes later, Nick was still awake in bed. Nick came down and asked if he could sleep with me on the couch, asked what we were going to watch on TV. He ended up going back to bed with Rob.
This morning Rob and Ellie went to church. Nick and I stayed home and played. We unsuccessfully tried pictures again. Nick helped me make corn pudding to take to Mom's for dinner. I got some laundry done. We tried to go to the library but couldn't even find a parking spot. We picked Rob up and went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made veggie pot pie, cranberry sauce and a salad and we brought corn pudding, broccoli and fruit salad. Dinner was good and the kids over indulged in the sweets.
I have my 6 month scan/blood work tomorrow and then my Dr. Marsh visit on Tuesday. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal. Tree

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me about the blood work, scan and Marsh...does this mean you're not going crazy right now, or just trying to keep it out of mind? Please let me know if you need a ride or company. Lots of positive energy is flowing your way. Hope Nick starts the week off in a little more positive way...it kind of makes life seem a bit hellish otherwise. He did seem to enjoy being babied and cuddled with me. Maybe he doesn't recognize himself and just needs to soak in the TLC. Love you...let me know if you want me to go with you tomorrow or Tuesday. Mom

    ReplyDelete