Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Time Continues to Speed By

Busy day here. This was really my last day without plans and kids until Christmas. I was going to go out and finish up some shopping but stayed in and baked. I ended up baking 5 batches of cookies and 2 trays of spiced pecans. These were all new recipes for me - some turned out way better than others. I made peanut butter and jelly bars, pistachio/cranberry/white chocolate cookies, apricot/pinenut cookies, minty cocoa cookies & cherry/chocolate meringues. I was even able to get a lovely phone call in with my friend, Lee. 
It was Ellie's concert tonight. Dean came to see it with us. Ellie played in the band, danced with her ballet club, and danced with her gym class. It was a nice night and it was great to see the diverse offerings. 
On Monday, I did some shopping in the morning. I got groceries for the week and a couple stocking stuffers. I picked up lunch and went to Mom and Dad's to eat and play with the boys. I was able to get most of my wrapping done before the kids came home. Just a few more things to finish up. Huge deal at dinner on Monday night...Nick tried a veggie meatball and liked it. Major thing because it means we can have one dinner without me having to heat up a veggie corn dog or nuggets for him. 
I went out yesterday and did a bit of shopping. I was able to get all the teacher gifts together and assembled for the kids to take to school. I got all of Rob's co-worker gifts assembled, too. 
I know it is a busy time of year but if you have some extra moments for some positive thinking, I have a couple friends who could really use some positive thoughts right now. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. You are a true Christmas Elf! I meant to call Ellie to see how it went tonight...please tell her I'll call tomorrow. You've got the positive thoughts flowing your way. Anytime... Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete