Monday, December 17, 2012

Totally Forgot

Change of schedule threw my routine off and I totally forgot to post.
We spent the weekend truly concentrating on family time. Who would have thought a statement so innocent and casual as, "Mom, would you like to come cuddle with me and watch Polar Express?" could illicit tears and belly flops. The kids and I joined Rob at school for the basketball game on Friday night. We only stayed until half time because it was late.
Saturday morning I skipped my thrift runs and opted for together time instead. I took Ellie shopping for Nick's Christmas present. Nick didn't want to change out of pajamas on Saturday. Ellie and I went to the downtown Skokie holiday event. She got to pet live reindeer and visit with Santa. We got to drop off some food for the pantry, too. It was a great event and once again, I am happy to see our community changing. Saturday night, Rob had to work but Jo, Tony and Matteo came over for movie night. We didn't really watch the movie but it was nice for the kids to play together. We had an appetizer feast and then the kids danced and raced cars across the floor.
Sunday was another laid back, family time day. The kids and I went to Mom and Dad's in the late morning. They got to search for their advent clues and then we just hung out. The kids helped hang some ornaments, we watched a bit of a movie and ate lunch together. We had church Tableaux service in the evening. We met Dean, Lauren, the girls and Lauren's mom there. The service was nice and the kids got a lovely manger ornament for their trees. We went out to dinner afterwards and introduced them to CiCi's Pizza.
It was important to be together this past weekend and luckily, we were able to do just that. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment