Sunday, November 25, 2012

The End of a Very Long week

We made it through the week off of school without killing each other. Too many things have happened since my last post to possibly try to re-create each day. This post will be an a la carte post of highlights.
We had Thanksgiving dinner at the GGs house. Uncle Bry came down from Baraboo. Mom made her vegan "turkey day in a bowl" casserole. The kids entertained us in the bay window.
I did some shopping online on Thursday night/Friday morning...no going out for me. I did hit Unique in the morning and there were only about 10 people in the store. Imagine that, black Friday and no one is at the thrift store...silly people. Ellie and I ran out later in the morning and got the foam to reupholster the dining room chairs. We came home and started that project. I got 2 chairs finished before we called it a day. Mom and I reupholstered them about 8 years ago, so you have to remove that layer and then the original layer and there are at least 150 staples per chair.
Mom and Dad took Ellie, Nick and Tony for an overnight on Friday. Rob was working a basketball game and Ole was studying, so Jo, Matteo and I went shopping. We went to Target and Walmart. We had dinner together before ending the evening at Goodwill.
I did my usual Saturday Salvation run. I thought, for sure, it would be totally picked over since they had a huge sale on Friday but I was able to get a cartful. Jo called and we did a bit more shopping before we headed to Mom and Dad's to pick the kids up.
The kids have been asking when we were going to put Christmas up for about the last week. I decided Saturday afternoon was a good time. Ellie and Nick helped me bring the boxes up from the basement and put the tree together. It took a couple hours but the living room is decorated. One casualty...a snow globe in one of the boxes broke and leaked all over the bottom of the box. At least it broke on the way up the stairs and not a year ago.
Today we hung out in the morning. We went to the library to get some new books. Nick had a birthday party at Jump Zone. Ellie came with, too. They really tired themselves out jumping and running around. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. It was just the 5 of us.
This week my goal is to try to get a couple boxes listed and cleared out. I start volunteering in Nick's class on Tuesday morning. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment