Sunday, November 18, 2012

Project Weekend

It was odd job time in our house. I forfeited listing more on ebay not knowing how holiday auctions would pan out. My gut said people wouldn't be watching auctions and my clothes wouldn't sell. Instead I replaced the gasket on the freezer. A bigger job than I thought it was going to be. We have been holding the door closed with velro for about a year now. Seems to be holding the icy air in again.
I cooked for Nick's Thanksgiving feast at school - corn pudding cups, mashed potato balls and pumpkin muffins. The feast was on Friday morning at school and the kids got to decorate their pilgrim hats. It was pretty cute to watch the kids eat. I went with Mom, Dad and TeTe to Target afterwards. We haven't been shopping together in forever. We finished our adventure with Starbucks...yum.
I did my Saturday salvation run. Either their supply is thinning or more people are buying during the week but I left with only a bag. Rob took the kids on an adventure. The began at church for a work party to take down some diseased tree and shrubs. They ran to the bank and to return and get videos. The weather has been beautiful so they spent a great deal of the day outside. I had a batch of auctions end on Saturday so I spent some time packaging up to mail out.
We worked together and got the Christmas lights strung up outside. We only turned them on the check them and make sure they were spread out evenly...they will get their turn at the end of the week. We ordered some pizzas and watcher Arthur Christmas together for movie night.
This morning, Rob left early to go and paint. The kids and I started in the back room cleaning up and then the living room. Odd job of the day was the china cabinet. I broke the side pane of glass about 2 years ago while pushing on the glass, instead of the wood, to move the cabinet. The kids use the empty pane to pass their treasures into safe keeping. I was just planning on switching the glass from the right side to the left side but it turned into an all out cleaning. Ellie helped me empty the cabinet and remove all the glass to wash and dry it before replacing it. We have a box of our pottery that we are going to break to re purpose into a different craft.
We went to Mom and Dad's house for dinner. Mom had chik'n patties, turkey, broccoli, melon, salad and a spread we grew up on (veganized). I bought corn pudding and potatoes and Jo bought brussel sprouts. My life is complete now...Brandy ice cream is back at Oberweiss...yum! The kids played and we had a good time.
We came home and had showers and got PJs on. We watched some movie on Disney before heading up to read and get to bed. Still have to finish cleaning the dining room and kitchen but then I feel like we could bring up the Christmas boxes and not feel cramped. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment