Sunday, June 3, 2012

Another Whirlwind Weekend

Busy, weird weekend in Michigan. On our way up Friday afternoon we got to North Avenue just as Marine 1 got to North Avenue. It was pretty cool to see all these helicopters and know the president was on one of them...not so cool to wait on the Drive as traffic was stopped for the motorcade to go through. I really thought I was headed for the local ER Friday night. We had dinner on our way up to the cottage and almost instantly I started feeling bloated. When we got to the cottage I had the feeling I needed to vomit but couldn't. Rob put the kids to sleep and I tried a hot pad but I had these continual waves of stomach cramps and pain. I went up to bed thinking if I could fall to sleep maybe they would go away - no luck. I had Rob rub my back but that didn't really help. I got up around 12:30 to go downstairs to put the hot pad back on and I guess standing up did the trick because I was finally able to vomit. Sure enough after that the cramps subsided and I was able to eventually go back up to bed.
Ellie woke up around 7:00 with 'the cough'. I don't know if we ate something at dinner that caused this or we had something viral but the boys didn't get sick. Ellie, thankfully, had about 2 hours of vomiting and then she slept until noon. It was cool on Saturday so we really did things around the house. Rob vacuumed out the vents and returns. Ellie washed the floors in the kitchen and Nana's bathroom. I washed the living room floor. We picked up some plants/shrubs at Menard's and did some gardening. The kids took some walks around the park. Mom helped me hem some of the curtains for the cottage and we hung those up Saturday - looked great.
This morning we packed up the car, had breakfast and got on the road. The kids wanted to be home to go to the bike safety program. There was a bike rodeo and the there was a firetruck there for the kids to sit it. The kids both did great and were awarded a certificate and a pair of sunglasses. We came home and I did some gardening - I have 4 tomatoes! Rob worked in the garage and the the kids played with the neighbors. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Nick has been asking for Chinese food so that is what we got.
Physical therapy has been kicking my butt. I have one session left for my feet. They hooked me up differently last session and I really noticed a difference. I am going to talk to him tomorrow about the pros/cons to another week. I had my 2nd session on Thursday for my back & hips. I was so sore after that session. All my exercises had to be modified because I was having some pulling pain where Scarlett was. I tried on a SI belt but it felt weird and I thought it might do more damage than benefits.
I have my CT scan and blood work appointment tomorrow morning. Scanxiety not so bad this time and I am hoping that might be a new trend. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. OMG...I LOVE this photo of you!!! Nice addition to the blog that only two people read! I have to change my profile pic on FB so maybe you'll be my guide! I know waiting for a week for Marsh to get back to you will be just short of hell, but considering you just had an unremarkable scan for your hips...I have every confidence that this scan will also be clear of any issues! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete