Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No news is good news?

I went for my CT scan on Monday morning. Scan was quick and un-eventful. The technician decided she didn't really want to listen to me and was sure she could get the tiny vein on my arm. It worked but didn't feel so good and left a nice bruise. I had my blood drawn afterwards. That tech did get me in my hand and it also didn't feel so good. I was originally scheduled to see Dr. Marsh on Tuesday but was called a couple weeks back to re-schedule because he wasn't going to be available. I can't remember why - conference? convention? trip? I also cannot recall for how long he would be away. Anyhow, I rescheduled for next week and didn't really give any thought to rescheduling the scan, too. Dr. Marsh has always called me the night of my scans with the findings - which relieves the scanxiety. I have not received a call yet and it is beginning to creep deeper into anxiety.
I had pt for my feet on Monday and talked to the doctor about how we should proceed. He suggested moving to twice a week and continue doing the 3 panels on my feet. Unfortunately, because my feet have dull sensation didn't feel when the panels got too hot and I believe burned the bottom of my feet. That is all I can think of - they are a bit pink and feel like sunburn.
I had hip/back pt on Tuesday and Whitney really worked me. I basically do the same exercises I do at home and then a couple with equipment they have there. She had me do this one with the huge therapy ball and I felt so out of shape when I had to rest after each one.
Nick went this morning for kindergarten screening...I cannot believe he will be in school all day next year. Ellie had her field day at school today and came home with the news that she had pulled a tooth out "because it was annoying her". The kids are both registered for the library summer reading program. We went to check in this evening and pick up the first batch of books for this year's Battle of the Books. Mom and I worked yesterday and got the last of the curtains hemmed for the cottage.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

2 comments:

  1. Didn't think much about Ellie pulling out her tooth until you added the line "because it was annoying her". She may have more of Grandma Chocolate in her than we originally thought! Did you see the pic she sent me? She had this cranberry colored staining all around her open mouth which revealed her missing tooth...my only assumption...blood! She sent me back a quick "No"...relief! Sorry about the feet...kind of adds insult to injury. I know it's easy for me to say get rid of the scanxiety, but you should. We discussed the advantage of being positive moving forward...we're moving forward! Remember, we visualize your healthy and continually healing body every night...the power of positive, collective thought! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I married such a beautiful woman....Awesome picture. I need that one for work. Luvz ya.Robert

    ReplyDelete