Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Man, it is hot!

It is gross outside, no other way to describe it. My garden isn't liking the heat. We've been drenching it in the evenings but the hot, hot sun is brutal. I will have to take pics and post because I am amazed that it is only the middle of June and it looks the way it does. My cucumbers have crawled their way up the trellis. The tomato plants are loaded with fruit and the peppers keep blooming too. Brussel sprouts have nothing but base leaves but I am hopeful.
Nick had 100 excuses why he couldn't go to camp on Monday and with the temperature being so hot - I caved and let him stay home. We took Ellie to camp and he came with me to therapy. We spent some cuddle time on the couch and I honestly think he just needed a day to just veg out. Ellie started paper airplane and flying saucer science camp this week - she is having a great time.
Ellie got some time at Mom and Dad's house yesterday when I went to therapy. Whitney killed me again - I think it is the one machine that starts the process and then it is just a slippery slope from there. The huge exercise ball also is a contributing factor - I have flashbacks to a concussion in my youth. We spent about an hour at the library finding the new batch of books fro Battle of the Books and looking through the old ones to complete the reports. We had ice cream sundaes for dessert (veggie burgers, too).
Nick's camp was inside today - in the air conditioning. Ellie was a baking girl today - she came home with about 2 dozen decorated cookies from camp. I was able to sneak a trip to Kohl's in when Ellie was at science camp. We all went to the pool tonight - so crowded. We ran into Christi and the girls there and we were able to chat and catch up for a bit.
I go for my follow up with Dr. Schiff tomorrow to see how PT is going for my hip/back. My back pain seems to have gone away and my hip isn't locking when I try to get up from sitting anymore. I still have a radiating pain coming from my hip. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment