Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Liked the Windows Open Better

Amazing how just this morning we had all our windows open and now we will need to have the air on for, at least, the next week. Ellie had a bizarre day on Monday. She wasn't really herself and I thought it was just her being tired. She ended up vomiting after camp - not sure if it was the food she made, eating too quickly, allergies or what. Jo had bought the kids each a foam rubber band rocket (they go about 100 feet in the air). Ellie and Nick were playing with them out back and then suddenly Ellie was sobbing. I guess she was looking over the rocket to make sure it would go straight up in the air and she moved her foot which launched it...directly into her eye. Luckily, it is foam and we got ice on it immediately. About 30 minutes later she came running into the house sobbing again - this time her earring got caught on the swing and was pulled out of her ear. We sterilized it and I was able to get it back through the hole.
Nick has been super cranky this week - I think camp is really wearing him out. He has been at the pool twice this week and thankfully, he will be on a field trip tomorrow when it supposed to feel like 107 degrees outside. Unfortunately, his family night is tomorrow at camp when they sing and dance.
This is the last week of both therapies for me. I was talking with Whitney on Tuesday and she disagrees with Dr. Schiff now and says she is sure I have a laboral tear. I will see how I feel in a couple weeks and if I am not feeling better I can get a referral to an orthopedic. They would most likely order the other contrast mri and verify the tear. More therapy would be ordered and then if that didn't have success - surgery.
Rob has been diligently working in the yard to remove all the mulberry trees that have popped up. A neighbor down the block has been helping him out - looks great. Ellie and I have been reading on the deck at night and it is great to be outside and change up our surroundings. We moved a couple more chairs up there tonight so Rob and Nick can read out there too.
We had Millers (that is what Nick has begun calling Millietime) tonight. Ellie made some treats at camp that she plated up to take with - chocolate covered strawberries, graham crackers and pound cake to dip into chocolate. I made the couscous salad and a beet and goat cheese salad. We went to Cici's with Jo and the kids last night - might be our weekly plan. The kids can all find something to eat and then we usually walk around the mall. We went grocery shopping at Meijer's and came home to water the plants. Garden just keeps growing, I put beer out in cups tonight in hopes of drowning some slugs.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal. Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment