Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Sun Kissed in May

It has certainly been a busy week. On Monday I had about a dozen packages to ship. I took advantage of the sunshine and got out afterwards. I went over to Mom's and Teo and I played in the yard for a while. I got the plants I bought Mom for her birthday planted. I stopped into Salvation and found some cool stuff. A $140.00 LEGO set for $25.00 - all sealed, just missing the box. I found a huge rolodex for a bartender filled with hundreds of drink recipes. I started to paint our wicker furniture we brought back from Michigan. We had bought 4 cans on Sunday but I ended up using 2.5 cans just on the first chair. I made a quick Menard's run to replenish my supply. I was able to get the entire set painted by the time Ellie got home from school. When I came inside from painting I listened to a message on the machine. It was from the school and Ellie was being recognized with an award for her entry into the PTA Reflections contest. We ended up trucking to school in the evening for a very nice award ceremony. Ellie got a framed certificate.
Tuesday morning Mom picked me up and we went to the volunteer breakfast at school. It was fun, we got a sneak preview of the concert. I volunteered afterwards in Nick's class. I walked home and then went grocery shopping. I did some listing in the afternoon before picking Nick up. We ran to Target to pick up Scotchguard for the outdoor cushions. We came home and I waterproofed the cushions and Nick played. We picked Ellie up from track. We had dinner, showers and bed.
Today the kids were off to school and I started listing. Rob was home during the day and we were able to get some cleaning done. We had lunch before heading to Niles West for Ellie's track meet. It was sunny, warm, and about 80 degrees this afternoon. Ellie was signed up for 4 events - the 400 yard dash, long jump, shot put, and discus. We won't know all her standings until the official results are mailed. Rob and I stayed for 3 hours but she was out there for more than 5...her face is pretty sunburned. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had a lot of cool salads and food that didn't require cooking. We watched the season finale of the Middle.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment