Monday, May 26, 2014

Happy Memorial Day

Can you believe May is almost over? Crazy...
Thursday Rob took off work to chaperone Nick's fishing field trip with me. We met the class at the Skokie Lagoons. The kids got to see all the fish that the forest preserve guy caught in the morning- including some pretty big fish. Then they got to fish for a couple hours. Nick caught a sunfish and his friend, Hai, caught one too. I think Nick was pretty happy to have us both there. I went to Salvation in the afternoon, they were having a book bag sale.
Friday was a half day for the kids and Rob. I got all my ebay stuff boxed up and ready for pick up before cruising to a couple sales. Ellie didn't win the student council treasurer position but she didn't seem too bothered. We left for Michigan after she helped decorate the gym for the 8th grade dance. It took us too many hours to get up here. Ellie and I did our grocery run while the boys worked around the cottage.
Saturday morning we all cruised off the Holland. I was able to do some thrifting. We spent the day there shopping. We really worked when we got home. We painted, we did plumbing work, we fixed the kitchen faucet, we figured out the hot water issues, we raked and did some yard clean up. Rob went to take a shower and found only cold water...only one shower is running hot. We went into town for ice cream and the sunset.
Today we did more of the same. We painted, cleaned, organized. Ellie and I went to Benton Harbor and shopped while the boys built some new shelves. We took a beach walk and visited with friends this afternoon. The kids and I went into Meijer to meet Fabio Viviani, he is a chef. We watched his cooking demonstration and then got to meet him, the kids got his autograph. Nick even tried his pesto. We had dinner and then went to see the sunset.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal,  Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment