Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Oasis Open

Monday we finished cleaning up and working at the cottage. We took a break around lunchtime and went down to the beach. We brought a couple chairs and the kids took shovels and pails. It was a great break before packing up and heading home. Pretty convenient that there is construction at the Michigan/Indiana border...it means we can jump off 94 and stop into Oinks for ice cream. We got home and I got all my packages packed up to mail. The kids played outside for a bit. Rob ran over to pick me up some bags of compost for the garden. I was able to get some tomatoes and peppers planted. We ran to Mom and Dad's to visit and walked in on a water fight.
Tuesday I volunteered in the morning. I came home and started to list. I bought so much this past weekend and want to get it listed as soon as possible. I did a grocery run when Rob got home from work. We had summer dinner - veggie and cheese sandwiches, cut fruit and veggies.
Today I started out listing but got sidetracked. Rob is working the late shift for 2 days because he is taping the graduations. We went to look at gazebos since Menards is sold out. We ended up buying one at Big Lots. I actually think it was the exact same one as Menards had. We came home and began to build it. We were able to get all the frame built before Rob had to leave. I was able to get the mosquito netting and privacy curtains up...our backyard oasis is complete. Nick helped me move the wicker furniture in and it looks great. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had falafel sandwiches, fruit, broccoli and cauliflower, noodles, quinoa bowl. Mom's homemade granola and ice cream for dessert. Nick and Dad played wii while Mom, Ellie, and I played Scategories.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment