Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day! Had a great day start to finish today. While drinking my coffee this morning, I had my lap filled with wonderful goodies. Ellie made me a vase with flowers and a special pen. Nick made me a pottery tea cup in art class. Rob gave me beautiful flowers. I had cards galore. We went over to Mom and Dad's for brunch. I brought the fruit and the adult beverage. Mom had strata, vegan chilequillas, mini pancakes, potato latkes, bagels. Chocolate coffee cake and monkey bread for dessert. Ellie helped me chocolate dip the biggest strawberries ever. After brunch, all the kids went outside for a huge water fights. It started and pretty neutral with all of them having their own water guns however the hose came out and the battlefield was a little less even. They were all thoroughly soaked but it was all good fun. We came home in the afternoon and the kids put on their swimsuits and went outside. They mocked up their own wipeout course and we're doing tricks. We came in showered off we all got her pajamas on. Ellie and I did some reading, she has a new book for a book report we needed to make headway. We had a late supper and watched an episode of Gilmore girls before bedtime.
Saturday morning Ellie and I were up and out early. She was doing another research study at Northwestern and we needed to go for her initial testing. We went to a rummage sale on our way home and walked out with a couple bags full of stuff. Nick and Rob were busy while we were gone fixing stuff around the yard. Ellie's friend Neha came over and Nick played with the neighbors was a great afternoon to be outside. We ended the day with a trip to Minard's. We wanted to look at some of the outdoor furniture again. We had dinner at Culvers came home and got to bed.
Thursday and Friday I pretty much spent all day listing. I've gotten so away from clothing that I forgot how quick sometimes clothing can flip. Some of the stuff I've listed has already sold within hours of it being listed. I also got pretty organized, I took out all of my bins and organized biphenyl. I was finding it took me a while to find a specific kit once it's sold.
I got an email on Friday from the company that I did it casting call at for the GE commercial a couple years ago. University of Iowa is looking to cast a cancer survivor in a commercial they're doing. Long story short… I'm going on an audition tomorrow. It's a nonspeaking part, the person who will be cast will be posing as a teacher. Not sure how I feel about this because the audition is totally just on how you look and if you match what they are looking for. Not getting my hopes up.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's Day. Thanks for making mine a lot of fun. The kids had such fun with the water...I'll have to go through the swimsuits from last year to see who I've got covered. Good luck with the audition...let me know how it goes. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete