Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Time Flies

Exciting night here at our house. Nick went up to take a shower because he was sweaty and cold from playing out in the snow. I hear the toilet flush, running, and then echoes of Mom, Mama, Mommy, Quick! I run up the stairs to find the toilet within centimeters of overflowing. I got a cup and started dumping water into the sink. Mom and Dad had just walked into the door for dinner. Dad tried to help but we just couldn't get the toilet to un-clog. We washed up and had dinner. While the kids and Mom were watching Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer, Dad and I tried to work on it again. I looked up 'unclog toilet' on Pinterest and it was suggested to put a cup of Dawn dish washing liquid into the toilet and let it sit and then follow with hot water...didn't do anything at the time. I got the kids to bed and decided to leave it until the morning. Rob came home about 15 minutes after and decided to give it a try. He decided to flush it and water flowed over the rim and was bubbling up from the floor. Many towels and rags later and a trip out to the garage to get the industrial auger...the toilet finally went down. I did another round of Dawn and hot water and it bubbled and went down further.
Monday morning I started the day at Avenues. They are closing for a month to remodel their store and everything in the store was marked down to a quarter. Mobs of people were there and it was almost impossible to move. I grabbed a few things and got out of there. I went to Whole Foods and picked up wine for Rob to take to work as gifts. I was already at Peterson so I ran to Unique. I found the rest of the cross stitch and needlepoint kids and a couple other things. I picked up lunch and went over to Mom and Dad's. Mom and I went grocery shopping afterwards.
Tuesday morning I volunteered at school. Had a fun time hearing the kids stories develop. I came home and did some listing. I got most of my kits up and listed. The kids came home from school and wanted to play outside in the snow. They started making an igloo. They are using a 5 gallon bucket as their brick mold. They have the first layer set.
Uncle Joe is doing better, keep up the positive energy. Also, keep your fingers crossed for a successful real estate closing tomorrow...Grandma Chocolate's house will be gone. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Tree...for everything! Glad the toilet is on the road to wellness...hope it lasts. I'll give you a info call tomorrow. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete