Sunday, December 1, 2013

A Long Holiday Weekend

It has been nice having the kids home this past week but I am ready for them to be back in school tomorrow.
We had a lovely Thanksgiving. We began the day at church and then went to the GGs house for dinner. Uncle Bry came in from Wisconsin. We had a great meal together, so many delicious things to eat. The kids all had a great time playing together, too. We came home and put on pajamas and relaxed. I pulled out our Christmas puzzle - a mere 1,000 pieces. It proved to be a 3 day challenge. It is a Christmas scene with houses, stores, a pond, and snow...lots of snow.
Friday morning Ellie and I ran to do some Black Friday shopping. We did the unconventional Black Friday...thrift stores. We went to Unique and then Salvation. We got some nice items. We came home and my friend, Becki and her son, Eddie, stopped by for a visit. The kids had a fun time playing with him while we visited. I ran to Avenue and the other Salvation in the afternoon. I braved Target for Rob's headphones and another present. Mom and Dad took the kids overnight and Rob and I completed the evening with yer another Unique and dinner from Chipotle.
Saturday morning I was planning on listing but I found out Salvation was having $0.69 on a few colors and couldn't pass that up. I came home and listed instead. I went to pick the kids up but ended up staying and helping Mom clean out her closet. I was proud of Mom's purging. We came home and I worked on the puzzle and we had dinner.
I don't know if it was dust related or the start of a cold but I have had a pretty stead stream of snot and a bit of a sore throat. I slept in this morning and Rob took the kids to church. After the service they got to help decorate the church for Christmas. I was able to re-locate all my ebay boxes downstairs and start to clean the living room before they got home. Ellie and Rob ran to Menard's to try to get up some new tree lights and a wreath but they lights were far too difficult to find. Ellie and I ran to Target and had a great trip. I had a 20% off coupon from shopping on Friday. We got tree lights, storage boxes, vitamins, food, kitty supplies...if she wasn't with me it probably would have been more. We came home and I was able to decorate the mantle, the tops of the cabinets, rearrange the furniture, and dust/vacuum. We put the tree and the lights up before going to Mom and Dad's for dinner. Mom made her Thanksgiving dinner - it was delicious. I finished the puzzle before we left. We came home and the kids showered and we read.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. It was a crazy long weekend, but oh, so productive. I don't even know how to begin to thank you for giving me yesterday...the closet is wonderful, and I feel like I'm getting rid of the old girl. Maybe I have also been looking for a new normal...there have been lots of changes in my life. Thanks for helping me to let go! Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete