Sunday, December 22, 2013

Merry Christmas

I will just title this with a Christmas greeting since I won't post again until Christmas night. The last couple days have mostly flown by. I did a bit of shopping each day, a bit of listing, too. It has been nice to have a couple things leaving in the mail each day.
Friday morning we all hurried and got dressed and ready early so we could go to the Holiday Sing at school. Ellie has always wanted to go but with Nick being a slow poke in the morning, it has never happened. We did it this year and it really put me into the holiday spirit. It was in the gym and the music teachers had a piano and guitar and we had a sing a long. I left and went grocery shopping for Nick's party. I came home and wrapped the kids presents for Christmas...last chance without them watching me. Nick's party went great. We made snowman sundaes and they decorated gingerbread houses to take home.
Yesterday was our baking day. Ellie and I worked in the kitchen and we knocked out 6 types of cookies, totaling about 22 dozen cookies. Ellie tried out her new cupcake maker and made cupcakes for our neighbors. I ran out with Nick to pick out his present for Ellie...talk about last minute. I ran out with Ellie later to pick up some stocking stuffers and Despicable Me 2 for movie night. We had appetizers for dinner and all cuddled up together to watch the movie.
Today was surprisingly productive. We totally cleaned and organized the basement. It started with Rob and me re-arranging how/where we store our holiday storage boxes but morphed into a whole basement clean up and organizing mission. It look great and we were done by noon. We just kinds hung out until we went over to Mom and Dad's for dinner. We picked up El Famous and had a lot of laughs.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment