Sunday, December 15, 2013

Great Weekend

I have heard the echoing ca-ching all weekend...and I love it. Thursday I went to try to do some shopping. I went out to the Northbrook Goodwill. I ended up with some stuff that I thought I could use for stocking stuffers and a couple sweaters to flip. I stopped in at Savers but only found some Leappad games. I came home and did some research...I was delighted to see my $5.00 sweaters were selling for $100 or more. I was also thrilled that the lego set that I bought ended up being new. The box wasn't in great shape but I saw that the used sets were bringing in $50-$60. I listed it as used but said the packages were all sealed...sold for $90.00! Ellie had her last basketball game. They haven't had a game in over 3 weeks and I think it showed. Mom and Dad met Nick and me at the game. They ended up losing, pretty badly, 15-1. We quickly shuffled out of the game and raced back to East Prairie, it was Nick's concert. The gym was packed, standing room only. Nick did great, smiled a nice big smile and sang beautifully. Mom and Dad treated the kids to a book from the book fair.
Friday I did some more shopping, it is addicting. I walked into Unique and found a Charlie Brown singing gemmy and a Byers Choice caroler. I went through the store but didn't really come up with anything else. I decided to hit the Unique in the city and I am thrilled I did. I hit the mother load of art kits. I bought 15 kits for less than $1.00 a piece and have them listed between $10-$40 each. Rob had to work Friday night. Nick had his appointment with Dr. Gallai right after school. He was very brave and sat incredibly still while he had a pulpotomy and filling done. I was so happy we were able to get moved into the earlier appointment, Nick was crying in pain pretty regularly. We went to Mt. Prospect afterwards. We saw the light show at Randhurst and had dinner at Mariano's.
Saturday we stayed in our pajamas. The kids made chocolate cupcake from scratch and decorated them. I ran to Salvation in the afternoon. I picked up some more craft kits and a couple shirts. I found a bag with about 24 game cartridges and the game system. Nick gets to play with them until I get them up and listed. We went to Mom and Dad's for dinner while Rob was at the game. The kids were excited to play with the train layout. Their cupcakes were delicious. We came home and got ready for Sue and Terri's Christmas party. We all had a great time. There were other kids for Ellie and Nick to play with, so we were able to socialize. They had games and had presents for the kids. We didn't leave until past 10.
Today we all slept in. I was busy packing up a bunch of eBay purchase...a very odd mix. 3 different Lego sets, 2 coats, 5 shirts, a snowsuit, a infomercial hair trimmer, and a set of rolodex cards.I was able to combine some of my boxes, which is awesome because that means things are moving out of here. Rob and Nick worked on building a Lego set. Ellie worked on elegantly packaging and wrapping her teacher gifts for this week. Ellie, Nick, and Rob did brave the cold for a little bit to play in the snow but it was so cold. We went to the church Tableaux service. It was a nice service. We got there early enough to snag front row seats so the kids could really see everything. We went to Cici's for dinner, the kids request.
Needing some positive thoughts and energy for Uncle Joe. He is in the ICU at the hospital. They aren't exactly sure what all is happening with him right now. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment