Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Where Did May Go?

Time is going so fast, speeding by. Days seem to be crazy busy.
We went up to Michigan after the kids came home from school on Friday. It was so nice to drive up in the new van. The kids barely said anything and there wasn't any fighting or pushing. I think we could take a longer car trip now. We got up there and it was cold. We got all the heaters going and Ellie and I went grocery shopping. We got new sheets on the beds and the last minute cleaning done for bed. I couldn't get to sleep, though. We did some shopping on Saturday. We worked around the house - cleaning & painting. We did get a bit of beach time in on Sunday. We were able to take some of the toys down to the beach box and the kids got to play in the sand. The huge storms really helped the lake level - the beach is pretty small this year. We headed back home on Monday.
It is Nick's last week of school this week. He graduates on Friday. It was back into the routine yesterday. I went grocery shopping and got some laundry done. Nick's field trip to the zoo was cancelled due to the weather. I tried to make a dinner that wouldn't heat up the house too much. We had some huge storms go through overnight. My garden doesn't seem to like the huge amounts of rain and the drastic heat/cold spells. Today I did some gardening - our neighbor gave me some of his blackberry clippings and I am trying to root them. Rob brought me some bricks and I built up some of my pots so the bunnies don't have such an easy job of eating them. I did some errand running. I stopped by and got some Matteo playtime at Mom's.  It was Ellie's picture day for dance - she looks great in he costume. Mom and Dad came over for dinner and to watch Nick when I took Ellie for pics. Ellie's class ran through their dance a couple times and I was able to get some pictures of her outside. We had a great throw together dinner. We watched  the new Bake Off show together.
Rob is taping graduation tonight and tomorrow night. Tomorrow is Nick's field day and picnic - I got a call this afternoon saying they were switching the order of the day in fear of being rained out.
Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment