Wednesday, May 1, 2013

May Day

Not too much to share tonight. Monday was a run around day. Lee and I ran up to Northbrook. We had lunch together and did some errands. On our way back home, I got a call from the school nurse that Nick was in her office and had just vomited. Lee dropped me at home and I was off to pick up Nick. It is unseasonably hot here. Monday was the first day of the A-Z countdown at school and A was amazing fashion day. Nick picked out a long sleeve shirt, a necktie, and dress slacks. We were running late in the morning and I forgot to have him take his inhalers. I think it was probably heat exhaustion paired with no inhalers. He came home and relaxed on the couch for the rest of the day. Ellie came home and did homework and then went to play outside, which Nick did not think was fair. Rob came home around dinner time.
Tuesday, Nick was back at school. I volunteered and was able to get the next step for my teacher appreciation project done. I ran to the library to return books and pick some new ones out. I went grocery shopping to replenish fruits and veggies and popsicles for the week. After school the kids had their annual physicals with Dr. Swider. Both are stellar...Ellie is 5'2" and Nick is 3'10"...they are both growing like weeds. We were there for what seemed to be forever. We ended up picking up dinner on the way home because it was so late.
Today I worked to finish my teacher project. I worked on sorting my ebay boxes to start listing again. I think I will need to sub-sort because I am pretty sure the wool jackets and suits aren't going to be real big sellers for the next couple months. The kids came home and did their homework and went outside to play. Rob came home from work and he had stopped to get his hair cut, looked nice. Mom and Dad came over but Mom just stopped in on her way to meet some friends for dinner. We had make your own taco/nacho night. We played a couple games and watched the DVD of Nick's dino play and concert and Ellie's honor roll and dance clinic.
Looking forward to the cooler weather the next few days - 80s was way too hot this time of year. Visualizing my healthy and continually healing body and the new normal, Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment