Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Great News

I woke up Monday morning and got my prep ready for my CT scan. Rob had a late day so he walked the kids to the bus. I have found the ideal mix or cranberry juice, water and prep so that I can't taste the prep. I got to Kellogg and checked in but the orders for my blood work were sent to Glenbrook not Evanston. It took about 15 minutes to change over the location before it was all strightened out. I decided to go for my scan and come back for the labs since they were running slow. I checked in at radiology and asked for a hot pack to keep my veins warm. When I got into the room, Jessica, the nurse looked at me and told me she was calling the IV nurse. I guess with a last name like Hazard I am memorable as the lady who has no viable veins. Brian, the IV nurse, came in and looked at both my arms and confirmed what I already know...there are no veins that pop. He felt my hand was the best option but after he stuck me and played with the needle for a few minutes he informed me it was a no go because the catherter wouldn't advance. He then checked my other arm - nothing good there. He went back to the left arm and tried my arm. After several minutes of rolling the needle around he was finally able to advance the catheter and get a blood return. The scan was the same as always. I went over to the lab to get my blood drawn which was quick and easy. I did tell the phlebotomist she should train the staff over in radiology.
I went over to Mom and Dad's to help them plant in the yard. With the boys playing we were able to get a lot done. We cut down some prolific shrubs/weeds. We planted the herb box. Moved some pots around and de-gunked the pond. I came home and got Nick from the bus. It has suddenly become nice outside and the kids really wanted to play outside when their homework was finished. Nick had a haircut appointment with Yvonne - he looks so handsome.
Tuesday morning I went to school to volunteer. It is teacher appreciation week so I brought in Mrs. Breiler's gifts. The kids were thrilled to see how the finished project turned out and liked how they were all aprat of it. I came home and Rob and I got to hang out and talk for a bit before he went into work. I headed to my Dr. Marsh appointment after lunch. Dr. Marsh and Margaret walked in and he said, "All is good. Goodbye." and pretended to leave. Quickest visit ever. Labs were good, still a low white blood count but that is just me. Scan was great and reads stable - no disease. He has decided to cease the CT scans - not sure if it is forever or if we will just be spacing them out to annual scans. I will see him again in 6 months for labs and follow up. When the kids got home we went out for ice cream to celebrate. We stopped at the produce store on the way home and found that the truck had just delivered new carts of herbs and veggies. We filled the cart with plants.
Today I went out with Mom, Dad and the boys to Dollar Tree and Costco. The teacher luncheon is tomorrow and I made a couple salads for the kids to bring. I was able to find cheap containers at the dollar store. The boys were entertaining as we shopped. Lillian for the village came by this morning to set a trap in the yard. The kids located a hole in the backyard under the play area. I now know more about rats than I really want to. This afternoon I finished the laundry and my salads for school. The kids came home and went outside to play. Mom and Dad came over for dinner. We had veggie burgers, a sampling of the salads for the luncheon, a new kale salad from Costco, and fruit. We had these brownie brittle squares for dessert. It cooled down outside and I was able to open the window. I love that every so often I get a huge lingering scent of the blooming lilacs - love the smell. Can't wait until the mock orange bloom.
Going to try to cultivate the garden beds tomorrow to get some of these veggie in the ground and growing. Rob and I are going to work on trying to make removable fence sides for the raised beds this weekend. Visualizing my healthy and continaully healing body and the new normal, Tree

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the new plantings won't be rat noshing material...maybe that's what the fence sides are for? Thanks for your help outside. hopefully I'll get the rest done tomorrow. Dinner was lovelt..thank you. I am so very happy that all continues to be well with your body! After seeing your FB post I must say, you are loved. Let's hope that all of those wonderful well wishers keep the collective positive energy going for you! We'll talk in the morning. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete